Getting wet

Options
Im going to be doing a trail race in a couple weeks and its generally cold. Additionally it has as many as 3-5 creek/crick crossings where a person could, depending on water levels, get completely soaked.

Do you have any suggestions on compression quick dry cold weather tights/leggings and socks?

Ideally I need to stay as warm as possible while being wet. Cold weather gear that's Quick drying.

Replies

• SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Go to: http://www.merrell.com/US/en/MerrellMainPageB?grp=B

They have plenty of waterproof/resistant clothing, socks, & shoes that should fit your needs. :bigsmile:

When you look under categories you can specify what you need under the "Benefits" sub-category.

Good luck!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Any other options? Has anyone had in practical experience they can relate.

SixCat..Have you used these? Do you know how well they work? Or are you a Merrrell Sales rep?
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    the neoprene would be way to hot for a race but yes it would work nicely.
  • JakeNonne
    JakeNonne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My experiences are mainly from camping/hiking but I've had lots of luck with wool socks and capilene long underwear. Wool is good for keeping you warm when wet. I would suggest wool athletic socks and quick-dry running tights. I just got some Layer 8 quick-dry running tights for biking. I rode in a rain on Sunday wearing my running tights under my bike shorts. My legs were nice and warm while riding 14 mph in wet tights after the rain stopped.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    UnderArmor has always done well by me. I have head to toe set and use it for winter camping/hikeing/hunting Colorado style.