Hip Hop Abs

Options
I was just wondering what you would consider Hip Hop Abs workout videos as... would that be general dancing or aerobic workout?? Going to do it later tonight and I want to make sure I am logging in the right amount of calories burned, not just the one with the highest number =)

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Come back and update us after you do it. It looks like a lot of fun and I've thought about buying it!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i would count it as aerobics
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Put it under Aerobic is what I would say. I have a Hip-Hop Cardio Workout, that would be under dance. But I think if it is specifically placed onto abs, Aerobic. Just my idea though :)
  • j4zzy
    j4zzy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have hip hop abs! but I never use it. I should start. hmm.
    I would count it as aerobics. :)
  • Jennis0212
    Jennis0212 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Come back and update us after you do it. It looks like a lot of fun and I've thought about buying it!

I have it and i LOVE it!!! i just dont know what to count it as. It does make you sweat but its actually a lot of fun too i think.
  • Jennis0212
    Jennis0212 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! =)
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I have the dvd's too and yes, it's a lot of fun! :) I use an HRM, but I think going with aerobics would be fine.
  • Vaibhav_ace
    Vaibhav_ace Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am interested in adding another ab-specific workout to my current routine. For those who've done it, did Hip Hop Abs work for ya?
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to get an HRM. That's going to get you the most accurate number. Have fun!!
  • RevAbs
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You should consider putting it on your xmas list! I did:
    http://beachbodysocial.com/m8x
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I am interested in adding another ab-specific workout to my current routine. For those who've done it, did Hip Hop Abs work for ya?

My son wanted it because he loves Shaun T, and he loves his own abs :) I enjoy it as an easy fun exercise routine. Its what I use on recovery or low intensity days. That said - having completed P90X and 2 rounds of Insanity, I still can get sore abs from Hip Hop Abs, there is a great low intensity body burn going on and it's FUN! The kids and I really enjoy it and it's classic Shaun T motivation and entertainment. If you are just starting workouts or want something low impact this is a super one to get.
  • Vaibhav_ace
    Vaibhav_ace Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    having completed P90X and 2 rounds of Insanity, I still can get sore abs from Hip Hop Abs

Wow! I need to see your before and after pics! I am currently on week 7 of P90X and although things are shaping up, my midsection isn't quite where I'd like it to be.

I tend to sometimes skip ab ripper X, because I workout after work around 7pm or so, and I just do not have motivation to keep going after finishing the normal workout, usually because food is calling my name. I was thinking I could do 30 or so minutes of workout in the morning, in addition to p90x in the evenings.

Perhaps I will switch to doing ab ripper in the AM before work.
  • Momto3cuteboys
    Options
    Has anyone ever done Hip Hop Abs as a second exercise along with P90X Lean? I'm starting the P90X Lean on Monday and just wondering if anyone has mixed the two, to get in an extra calorie burn. Thanks so much!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever done Hip Hop Abs as a second exercise along with P90X Lean? I'm starting the P90X Lean on Monday and just wondering if anyone has mixed the two, to get in an extra calorie burn. Thanks so much!

I've never done the Lean because you get more fat loss with Classic due to more resistance training...but anyway, I have done the Doubles Plan using HHA, Rockin' Body, and Brazil Butt Lift in addition to P90X Classic. I hate Core Syn (boring workout with low calorie burn for me) and Cardio X (same reason as before) so I always took those out and put in other workouts.

It really doesn't matter what you add to your program, any extra cardio will burn more calories. Just make sure you are eating enough to sustain it.