ZUMBA

Options
Hi everyone,

I am going to Zumba for the first time tonight, and was wondering what everyone else who does Zumba logs it as under the exercise log.

Also, any tipswould be appreciated for a beginner going into the hour session :) I am quite excited (and nervous!)

Thanks, hope you all have a GREAT day!

Replies

• emilyajones
    Options
    I get my burn from zumbacalories.com which seems pretty accurate :)
    Have fun- if its anything like the class I go, its amazinnnng :)
  • blondebandbabe
    blondebandbabe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I started logging it as the dance in cardio, but i finally just made up an exercise for zumba and put it at 600 cals an hour. I tweak it if I feel i worked harder, or not as hard a particular class. Ive never seen classes that lasted less than an hour so if I could get through my first zumba class, anyone can! good luck and remember to go a few times before you make a decision on whether you like it or not. you will probably feel lost a few times and awkward. but as you learn the dances it gets so much funner!
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    I love Zumba. Just started it a few months ago, the time goes by really fast and it's a pretty good workout.
    I log it as Aerobic Exercise. My tip would be, "Don't worry about keeping up or doing everything right, I was a MESS when I first started, couldn't get the steps was off a beat and a half most of the time, it will come quickly to you, so just don't fret about it at first cuz if you are like me the first couple of classes i thought I would never get it, now I'm practically a pro (jk)"

Have FUN!!!
  • kdchick99
    kdchick99 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Wear comfortable clothes, enjoy the music, let go and don't stress over the "steps", bottle of water, towel, and a willingnes to have fun!:flowerforyou: :laugh:

I think the website to figure calorie burn is www.zumbacalories.com. Not sure, but just google it.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I think most people on here log it as dance or aerobics.
  • ChangingTami
    ChangingTami Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Just like Emily....I use zumbcalories.com
  • inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba and manually log it is as 60 min= 400 cal burned if I felt I was dragging through the workout... 60 min = 500-600 cal burned if I felt strong and energized while doing it. I believe one can even burn up to a 1000 but I don't feel i am at that level yet. Oh and depending on your weight it varies how much you have burned. Google or Bing for how many calories on average while doing 60 minutes of Zumba! I hope this helps. ZUMBA! Whoo-Hoo! Love it!
  • softwind
    softwind Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I use my heart rate monitor, I usually burn between 500-700 calories a class.
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Zumba Gold about 450, Zumba Toning 700 and Zumba 800 calories for 60 minutes. I would get a HRM to be sure.
    I love going to Zumba, the class goes by so fast!
  • mpetrovic
    mpetrovic Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Make sure you drink a lot of water! About 6 cups before the class if you can, because I sweat a lot!
    I do an hour and half 2x a week, and it is amazing! Best decision ever!
    Good luck, and just let go! It is a great way to get in touch with your body and relax.