MFP Runners Club Feb 2nd.......

Options
Hey all the MFP Runners. Who is running today? I ran 5 miles and it is Sunny in Chicago today so feeling like spring will be here eventually. :happy:

Have a great start to the week.

Alisha :smile:

Replies

• Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hey all the MFP Runners. Who is running today? I ran 5 miles and it is Sunny in Chicago today so feeling like spring will be here eventually. :happy:

Have a great start to the week.

Alisha :smile:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I ran 3 miles yesterday.

I don't think I'll be getting to run today, except for playing basketball for a couple of hours.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hello runners! No run today, I did ChaLean Push Circuit #1. I will run tomorrow.

I think I've decided on the FIRST program for my half marathon in May! Time to get serious about training, 13 weeks to go! :bigsmile:
  • jazpiri
    jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Just ran almost 6.5 miles. It was an easy run today. Felt good. Weather was nice. Not too cold. Not raining.
  • timechange
    Options
    I want to join. I will be running today at 2pm-ish. I hope to do 5 miles! :happy:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hello runners! No run today, I did ChaLean Push Circuit #1. I will run tomorrow.

I think I've decided on the FIRST program for my half marathon in May! Time to get serious about training, 13 weeks to go! :bigsmile:
    Hi Jess,
    I have been using the FIRST program for a couple of years and I love it. You put in more 'quality' miles, but less overall miles, so your legs don't take as much of a pounding. (Of course, most of the time, I am running on my marathon program, so I am doing more miles than the 1/2 program, but I am still on the three days a week schedule). (I am actually signed up for BudLight Challenge the end of the month, 15 K and 5 K on Stturday, followed by the 1/2 M on Sunday, so those extra miles are going to pay off, I hope).
    BTW, started P90X officially today. BRING IT ON!
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Hi Jess,
    I have been using the FIRST program for a couple of years and I love it. You put in more 'quality' miles, but less overall miles, so your legs don't take as much of a pounding. (Of course, most of the time, I am running on my marathon program, so I am doing more miles than the 1/2 program, but I am still on the three days a week schedule). (I am actually signed up for BudLight Challenge the end of the month, 15 K and 5 K on Stturday, followed by the 1/2 M on Sunday, so those extra miles are going to pay off, I hope).
    BTW, started P90X officially today. BRING IT ON!

Thanks! I was actually going to send you a message because I thought it was you that used FIRST! I have had a couple friends that used it and loved it! I just figured out my paces to run for speedwork and tempo runs. My last HM (2 yrs ago) I finished in just under 2 hrs (1:59) so of course I'd love to break that! :bigsmile: Wow, you are really going to have a busy schedule! BRING IT! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I want to join. I will be running today at 2pm-ish. I hope to do 5 miles! :happy:

Welcome! Post back after your run! :wink:
  • timechange
    Options

Well, the goal was 5 miles. I accomplished 4.6 miles. Good 'nough. I love those extra exercise calories!! :drinker:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I lifted weights and went three miles on the elliptical today. I felt sluggish after running eight miles yesterday. I'm glad tomorrow is a day off for me!