30 Day Shred???

Options
I keep seeing people write about the 30 day shred, but I'm not sure what it is. I see a lot of people like it and other are sick of it. I'm so curious about it!

Replies

• dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    it is a fitness dvd by Jillian Michaels.......

after reading so much about it on here, I am going to buy it after work! I heard you can get it at walmart for $9.97
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome! What kind of workouts are on the DVD? I'm afraid to get a DVD with a bunch of jumping, don't want the neighbors below complaining! Lol
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    i tried it about 6 months ago,it was so tough I could not get through it. I started it again 2 days ago. To me it is pretty tough.I am so sore today I am taking a day of rest LOL. BUT I hear it works really good.Good Luck. It has jumping jacks , pushups 2 lb weights leg squats and a bunch more
  • hojo94
    hojo94 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it, Ok, I kinda fell off the boat with it because I got sick... BUT, it is the one dvd that I have that I can't wait to get back to doing! If you are willing to wait a few days for it to ship, you can get it from amazon.com for like $7.95
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome! What kind of workouts are on the DVD? I'm afraid to get a DVD with a bunch of jumping, don't want the neighbors below complaining! Lol

Jillian Michaels loves to jump! She's a jumping bean.... Its a great workout but be far warned!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I tried it, but it was too hard on my bad knee. Too much jumping.
  • misslyssa319
    misslyssa319 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    you can also find it on exercisetv if you have on-demand with your cable provider. that way you can try before you buy. it usually has levels 1 and 2 always available. good luck!
  • PinkLu
    PinkLu Posts: 10
    Options
    It's an awesome DVD! There is some jumping (jumping jacks & butt kicks), but you could always substitute something else and still get cardio. I have done the DVD probably 3 times now and every time have awesome success on it. I just started it up actually and so far this week. Last time I lost about 20 pounds on it.
  • goforkissy
    goforkissy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    it is a fitness dvd by Jillian Michaels.......

after reading so much about it on here, I am going to buy it after work! I heard you can get it at walmart for $9.97

Yes you can! I googled it at lunch today and I am heading there after work to pick it up!
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Lots of jumping. Try shred it with weights. Still Jillian but kettlebells.
  • bwyne03
    bwyne03 Posts: 137 Member
    Options

LOL she does make you do alot of jumping jacks, jump ropes and butt kicks, so if you need to worry about bothering the people below you, you may want to take that into consideration! I made it through 15 days before and quit, but I started back at it yesterday. I agree with most, it doesn't make you lose a ton of weight on its own, but does tone and build muscle. I would recommend still adding in cardio as well. Good luck :smile:
  • ashleighjoy2007
    ashleighjoy2007 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 3 of level 3 a few minutes ago =] Most of the cardio moves have jumps, jumping jacks, rockstar jumps, skaters, and some squat hops.

I lost a few pounds in my first week. Last 2 weeks of it the scale has not moved, but the tape measure shows I'm losing quite a few inches =]
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    It's an awesome DVD! There is some jumping (jumping jacks & butt kicks), but you could always substitute something else and still get cardio. I have done the DVD probably 3 times now and every time have awesome success on it. I just started it up actually and so far this week. Last time I lost about 20 pounds on it.

Thanks so much! I like jumping workouts and I know they work, but I live on the 3rd floor in an apartment and don't care to bother the neighbors and get a complaint. Jumping jacks may be ok...the butt kicks might get substituted! Someone mentioned it's on On-Demand on Comcast for test run...gonna look tonight.
  • oharabears
    Options
    I substitute step-ups on my Firm "fanny lifter" for all the high-impact moves--still keeps that heart rate up, saves the knees/hips/back, and is a bonus butt workout!
  • Biggipooh
    Options
    I am at Level 2 right now with 30 Day Shred. The workout is tough. The only thing I don't like is, that Jillian constantly talks. To hear the same stuff over and over is just annoying.
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am at Level 2 right now with 30 Day Shred. The workout is tough. The only thing I don't like is, that Jillian constantly talks. To hear the same stuff over and over is just annoying.

Once you have pretty much mastered what to do, there is an option to turn off voice, and it only plays the music =) I am on day 9 of level 1 and I also am so sick of her voice, I just completely mute her out, lol. Starting level 2 on Friday though, I can't wait b/c I'm kind of bored with level 1 now. Great workout though, I was shocked at how much I can sweat in 20 mins. I can't wait to weigh in/take my measurements on Friday.
  • Biggipooh
    Options

Once you have pretty much mastered what to do, there is an option to turn off voice, and it only plays the music =) I am on day 9 of level 1 and I also am so sick of her voice, I just completely mute her out, lol. Starting level 2 on Friday though, I can't wait b/c I'm kind of bored with level 1 now. Great workout though, I was shocked at how much I can sweat in 20 mins. I can't wait to weigh in/take my measurements on Friday.

Great advice. I will just do that. Thanks.
  • trishamarie84
    trishamarie84 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 of level 1 and I'm really surprised that I'm not as sore as I thought I'd be. I lose interest easily so 20 minute dvds are the most I can commit to. Really "enjoying" it so far or rather how much I sweat afterwards. She does talk alot and a few times she says "a couple more.." which ends up being more like 7 so I use the option to hear only the background music, it's on the main menu.

As far as substitutions, I run in place using my arms instead of doing the butt kicks which seems to hurt my shins less. I'm really hoping to lose some good inches since nothing else has worked so far.