Does anybody else wear a bodymedia fit, go wear fit, or body

Options
2»

Replies

• polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I wear a body media and love it. I have some cool info on my blogs with info
  • kaspily
    Options
    Question about the Body Media. I wore mine on my arm during an hour long bike ride. It only registered 28 minutes of exercise. Does anyone have any sugestions. Should I try wearing it on my calf instead during my bike rides?
  • bodyrokk
    bodyrokk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i have a BMF and love it..i was amazed to see how much i burned in a 1 day ..i was under eating ,and now i upped my cals and am losing ..its awesome..
  • stalksthedawn
    Options
    I just got a FitBit.
  • Kriszti29
    Options
    Question about the Body Media. I wore mine on my arm during an hour long bike ride. It only registered 28 minutes of exercise. Does anyone have any sugestions. Should I try wearing it on my calf instead during my bike rides?

Well. it might be because your body's parameters did not actually jumped up enough to meet the minimum criteria for registering exercise. If you find that it happens often that your exercises did not show as "moderate" or "vigorous" then you might need to tweak the MET limit settings in your Activity Manager.
    I had the opposite problem: it registered all my walking to work and home as "moderate" or sometimes (when I was in a hurry) as "vigorous" exercise, and I did not want them to count against my "normal" exercises, so I had to up my MET setting a bit. You might have to lower yours a bit.
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I use body fit, 42 need to lose 20 pounds
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have a BMF. I just got a replacement due to my old one's battery stopped charging. I loved my old one, but this one has been weird since I got it. For example a few days ago I was at work, not doing crazy activity and it said I had burned over 700 calories in under 2 hours. Totally not correct. I cleaned it4 and it seemed to fix itself. Today I was at work and it was saying I had over 1.5 hours of moderate activity. I don't think that was anywhere near correct either. Not sure why it is doing this. The only thing is I think I'm wearing it in more of a correct position as opposed to before, I'm wearing it more on the back of my arm, instead of the side. If it continues I'm going to contact them again.

Also to the above poster, a polar is just meant to be worn during physical activity, it is not meant to be worn 24/7.

If biking I put the band on my leg

Device does not work well with biking, if I put on my leg seems more accurate
  • FountainofKnowledge
    Options
    I've seen on the BodyMedia site I think that you shouldn't wear it on your leg for cycling.

I'm a Ki Fit user and I love it. What really impresses me is its accuracy and the fact it takes into account so much more than just movement in calculating calorie burn. I always end up arguing with people who have other things like Jawbone UP and Fitbit trying to claim it is better than my Ki Fit. What they don't realise is the Ki Fit (or any of the BodyMedia variations) does everything the fitbit does and then adds in what it finds out from the other 3 sensors it has!

Do I have to be invited into the group?

X
  • Kriszti29
    Options
    I've seen on the BodyMedia site I think that you shouldn't wear it on your leg for cycling.

I'm a Ki Fit user and I love it. What really impresses me is its accuracy and the fact it takes into account so much more than just movement in calculating calorie burn. I always end up arguing with people who have other things like Jawbone UP and Fitbit trying to claim it is better than my Ki Fit. What they don't realise is the Ki Fit (or any of the BodyMedia variations) does everything the fitbit does and then adds in what it finds out from the other 3 sensors it has!

Do I have to be invited into the group?

X

I agree!

I don't know Jawbone, but FitBit is just a funky step counter... It does not take all the physiological readings Ki Fit (Body Media) does.