Grade my diet. Not losing weight

Options
2»

Replies

• marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I don't know why you're not losing with that deficit - personally I think what has been posted about not eating enough is rubbish - no one ever got fat eating too little. But maybe you can work on your macros a bit? Add more protein. For example with your dinner. Do you really need all those snacks? I'd just shift those calories to your actual meals. Is the mixed fruit cup one of those syrupy deals? I'd swap that out and replace with a real piece of plain fruit.

Rubbish....????

Well, my 52 pounds weight says it isn't rubbish & it works... and guess what.... I'm still losing....

She needs to read that link I posted (so do you for that matter...!), which clearly explains the less weight you have to lose, the lower the weekly loss goal should be. Guess what that does....??? It give you more calories to eat each day....

OP... how much do you have to lose?
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I don't know why you're not losing with that deficit - personally I think what has been posted about not eating enough is rubbish - no one ever got fat eating too little. But maybe you can work on your macros a bit? Add more protein. For example with your dinner. Do you really need all those snacks? I'd just shift those calories to your actual meals. Is the mixed fruit cup one of those syrupy deals? I'd swap that out and replace with a real piece of plain fruit.

Rubbish....????

Well, my 52 pounds weight says it isn't rubbish & it works... and guess what.... I'm still losing....

She needs to read that link I posted (so do you for that matter...!), which clearly explains the less weight you have to lose, the lower the weekly loss goal should be. Guess what that does....??? It give you more calories to eat each day....

Thanks for your concern but I certainly don't need YOU to tell me what to read.
    ps I don't eat for the sake of eating "more calories". It's that attitude that makes people overweight in the first place.
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options

Rubbish....????

ps I don't eat for the sake of eating "more calories". It's that attitude that makes people overweight in the first place.

You must be mistaken... I didn't show you any concern.... I really don't care what you do....
    But I have proof to back up my statement.... what do you have?

I never said to eat more calories just for the sake... if you look at how much she is exercising compared to how much she is eating... anybody can see that 1150 calories a day is not enough.... I burn approx 400 calories in a hight intensity 45 minute cardio session.... 300 in in a lower intensity one....

MFP has a;ready calculated the calorie deficit for her to lose weight without exercise.... which means without eating the exercise calories back... the deficit will be increased (doubled)...

Oh... you're probably thinking that's a good thing....! If that's the case, then you must be one of those people that think you have to starve yourself to lose weight... lol...!!!

Good luck with THAT...!!!!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options

nobody should eat for the sake of eating. in this case - she wouldnt be. shes not eating enough to fuel her body on an average day without exercise, when she adds in exercise it makes the deficit even bigger which isnt healthy. you NEED (generally) 1200 to function. if you eat 1150, and burn 300, youre only giving your body 850 to work with..which is why shes not losing weight. her body is holding onto everything she eats so that she doesnt starve
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Rubbish....????

You must be mistaken... I didn't show you any concern.... I really don't care what you do....
    But I have proof to back up my statement.... what do you have?

I never said to eat more calories just for the sake... if you look at how much she is exercising compared to how much she is eating... anybody can see that 1150 calories a day is not enough.... I burn approx 400 calories in a hight intensity 45 minute cardio session.... 300 in in a lower intensity one....

MFP has a;ready calculated the calorie deficit for her to lose weight without exercise.... which means without eating the exercise calories back... the deficit will be increased (doubled)...

Oh... you're probably thinking that's a good thing....! If that's the case, then you must be one of those people that think you have to starve yourself to lose weight... lol...!!!

Good luck with THAT...!!!!

What proof do you have?
    What I think you have is a serious reading comprehension problem. Where did I say that her calorie intake is enough? I just said I can't see why she isn't losing weight with that deficit. A huge deficit isn't healthy but it's not going to stop someone from losing weight. If you believe otherwise then you need to do some reading. But slowly.
    I do think she should eat more, but for the sake of her health, not for weight loss.