Low Fat/Cal/Sugar Breakfast

Options
At the moment I am alternating between Special K and Skimmed Milk and Weetabix and Skimmed Milk.

I am trying to stay away from porridge as I believe it contains a high amount of carbs.

Occasionally if I am in a rush I will have an apple and a yogurt.

At the moment by weight loss is varying between 2-6lbs a week but thats me burning 400 cals per session at the gym and reducing my daily allowance to 1200cals.

What other foods do people eat for breakfast?

Thanks

Replies

• qdbrown
    Options
    Hello, I am a newcomer to this site. I was wondering if you would mind discussing your daily fitness and eating plan. I recently had a baby and my goal is to loose 80 lbs by June of 2012. You weekly weight loss is similar to my goals. I currently consuming around 1100 1300 at the most calories a day
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    At the moment I am alternating between Special K and Skimmed Milk and Weetabix and Skimmed Milk.

I am trying to stay away from porridge as I believe it contains a high amount of carbs.

Occasionally if I am in a rush I will have an apple and a yogurt.

At the moment by weight loss is varying between 2-6lbs a week but thats me burning 400 cals per session at the gym and reducing my daily allowance to 1200cals.

What other foods do people eat for breakfast?

Thanks

i'm guessing by you wanting to lose 100lbs, you weigh a fair amount. So why would you want to severely undereat by limiting yourself to 1200 cals?
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    Make omelets/scrambles! I love these for breakfast. I use egg whites and whatever veggies and lean meat I have on had. They are quick and keep me full till my next meal. I eat mine with whole wheat toast and fruit but you can skip the toast. I'm afraid I'm not much help otherwise as most my other breakfasts consist of higher carbs: cream of wheat (high in iron and I'm anemic) with skim milk and fruit; homemade "McMuffin" consisting of egg whites, turkey bacon, lowfat cheese and high fiber English Muffin; multi-grain cheerios with skim milk and a banana.

I also make breakfast tacos on the weekend as my husband loves them. I again use egg whites and will add salsa and low-fat cheese and turkey bacon. I wrap mine in whole-wheat tortilla. You could make this skipping the tortilla.

Being a graduate biochemist student who has studied metabolism, I'm not a fan of low-carb diets (nor are my taste buds!!) but I'm not here to preach. I hope these ideas help you and good luck on your journey.
  • Mark1984Scotland
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys, I am not on a low carb diet per se (Atkins etc) but I want to reduce the amount I am consuming in order to lose most of my bulk weight. At the moment I am 22st 2lbs and 6ft tall but would like to get to around 15/16st.

I am not intentionally undereating and plan to increase the amount of cals I intake the fitter and less heavy I get. What sort of calories intake would you reccomend?

In regards to my fitness at the moment I am doing only cardio (30 mins on the vario, 20 mins on the treadmill)

Thanks
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys, I am not on a low carb diet per se (Atkins etc) but I want to reduce the amount I am consuming in order to lose most of my bulk weight. At the moment I am 22st 2lbs and 6ft tall but would like to get to around 15/16st.

I am not intentionally undereating and plan to increase the amount of cals I intake the fitter and less heavy I get. What sort of calories intake would you reccomend?

In regards to my fitness at the moment I am doing only cardio (30 mins on the vario, 20 mins on the treadmill)

Thanks

My friend who just recently double majored in Nutrition and Sports Science (or whatever its called) recommends taking your current weight at multiply by 7 to get the caloric intake you need to loose weight. You never want to go below 1200 as this sends your body in to starvation mode.

I'd add weight training to your workouts. You build muscle which will boost your basal metabolic rate (aka you burn more sitting still). Just start slow. If you try and start too fast/strong you will get really sore and then won't want to work out.
  • Mark1984Scotland
    Options

Thanks

My friend who just recently double majored in Nutrition and Sports Science (or whatever its called) recommends taking your current weight at multiply by 7 to get the caloric intake you need to loose weight. You never want to go below 1200 as this sends your body in to starvation mode.

I'd add weight training to your workouts. You build muscle which will boost your basal metabolic rate (aka you burn more sitting still). Just start slow. If you try and start too fast/strong you will get really sore and then won't want to work out.

Thanks very much,

So I presume you mean my weight in lbs multiplyed by 7 i.e. (310lbs x 7 = 2170cals)

I am planning to incorporate weights into my routine as I lose more weight to try and get a better shape to my body.

Thanks
  • dancer4275
    Options
    oatmea...and cream of wheat. it's not many cals, but it's so filling.