the stick?

A friend recommended that I try "the stick" to help with a reoccurring muscle knot in my left calf. Has anyone ever tried this? Is it worth the $40.00 investment?

Thanks!

Replies

• laurabcarey20
    laurabcarey20 Posts: 3 Member
    I bought one prior to running a half marathon and love it!! It definitely helps loosen up your muscles and feels really good. I'd recommend it as well.
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 567 Member
    thanks!
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 749 Member
    Yeah I got one.... helps with soreness - can get almost as much pressure as a good foot massage...
  • gashinshotan
    Also I paid 32.950for a sprinter stick..... its shorter butallows more pressure
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    I've had The Stick for years and it's OK (I paid very little for it and the design and materials seem to have not changed at all).

But I then discovered Muscletrac and found it to be so much better at really getting into the tight areas. It is also easier to pack when traveling. I think it was about $40. I prefer Muscletrac over The Stick, but that's just my opinion.
  • Leigh_b
    I've had The Stick for years and it's OK (I paid very little for it and the design and materials seem to have not changed at all).

But I then discovered Muscletrac and found it to be so much better at really getting into the tight areas. It is also easier to pack when traveling. I think it was about $40. I prefer Muscletrac over The Stick, but that's just my opinion.

I'll have to look into that... thanks for the advice.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    I like mine. I wish I'd have got one of the more rigid models though. Still feels good on tight muscles.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    I saw some info on the stick the other day and was really curious as to if it really works. I have fibromyalgia and my muscles get big knots in them constantly. Massage helps but i cant always get in for an appt or afford to go to massage weekly. Would the stick help with fibro?
  • The stick is great....but tennis balls work just as well!
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    I love my stick. I used it right after my long runs when i was training for my first marathon and it SO helped my quads and glutes. Its worth the $40!
  • gashinshotan
    Yeah I attribute my lack of injury/major soreness to using the stick.... I don't even stretch and I've never had such a good bout of running EVER...
    I love my stick. I used it right after my long runs when i was training for my first marathon and it SO helped my quads and glutes. Its worth the $40!
  • Leigh_b
    I saw some info on the stick the other day and was really curious as to if it really works. I have fibromyalgia and my muscles get big knots in them constantly. Massage helps but i cant always get in for an appt or afford to go to massage weekly. Would the stick help with fibro?

I don't know if it would help with fibromyalgia but I have gotten one since I posted this and it is pretty amazing... I have had a muscle knot in my left calf for over 2 weeks that was keeping me from running... so painful I was limping at times... and it is completely gone... ran 5 miles today and no pain...
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 778 Member
    I have used the "stick" for many years now. It's definitely worth the investment...
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    I never heard of this. I now know what I want for X-Mas! :happy: