yippee! I resisted temptation!

As a confrimed chocoholic I work in one of the worst places...a convenience store. A great job but surrounded right now by tons of chocolate, sweets and now all the seasonal chocolate boxes at various good offers so how can one resist? A well meaning and entirely lovely colleague yesterday waved a number of delicious looking choccy-bars under my nose and asked me which one I would like her to buy for me! I am happy to report that I was able to resist and she made me a coffee instead. Perhaps I would be safer working in a shoe shop?

Replies

• maddyg1989
    maddyg1989 Posts: 108 Member
    As a confrimed chocoholic I work in one of the worst places...a convenience store. A great job but surrounded right now by tons of chocolate, sweets and now all the seasonal chocolate boxes at various good offers so how can one resist? A well meaning and entirely lovely colleague yesterday waved a number of delicious looking choccy-bars under my nose and asked me which one I would like her to buy for me! I am happy to report that I was able to resist and she made me a coffee instead. Perhaps I would be safer working in a shoe shop?

NO!!!! Don't work at a shoe store.. They've been corrupted with the sweeties!!!! Seriously, I used to work at a shoe store and I was in charge of all displays (specifically the candy display) which was just as stocked as a convenience store. Talking about frustrating. Best part, fun size snickers for a quarter (my downfall). But CONGRATS!!!! You didn't give in!!
  • Yea for you!!!! I too love chocolate and dt dews. I started a challenge with myself Oct 31...try to go 2 weeks without chocolate and dews. So far, day 10...and still standing strong :smile: I just keep thinking the money I'm saving by not going to convenience stores and vending machines :drinker: Everytime I stopped for gas I had to get a dew, and at work had to have at least 2 a day, those add up. Same with chocolate. The price on those bars is ridiculous...but it didn't matter. I'd buy them anyway, sometime two :laugh: :laugh:

Proud of you...stay strong and keep resisting. Oh and it would never do for me to have job in shoe store. I love, love, love shoes and have so many pairs. Shoes are right up there with the chocolate :laugh: :laugh:

Good luck!
  • Well done peeps especially you sis :smile: