Starting Over Again

Options
Hey Everyone!

I joined in March 2011 and lost 37 pounds by July/August but since then I've been at a standstill and basically stopped counting my calories for the last two months or so. How do you get back into the swing of things? I've just been feeling so discouraged that after losing what I feel is a lot of weight, I still have just as much to lose.

I recently lost my job so I'm home ALL day which I think is the main issue. When I was at work, it was obviously impossible to eat anywhere near what I eat during the day at home.

Any help or advice or stories or words of encouragement or insight or annnnything would be appreciated! :)

Replies

• rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I can't even count the number of times I've started and stopped the process of losing weight. A thing to think about is when you're dieting are you dieting to get to a number or are you trying to learn better and healthier habits? I'm not a fan of dieting anymore, for me it's a lifestyle change and I've made a lot more progress with that mentality than the dieting mentality.

Another idea is to pick up some out of house hobbies. Try volunteering in your community at an animal shelter or a children's after school care program or even a nursing home/assisted living center. I'm definitely a boredom eater so I try to keep myself busy on the weekends OUTSIDE of my house.

Also, just take things a day at a time. It can be a slow process getting back into the swing of things but if you have your heart set on it I'm sure you will succeed!
  • ms_leanne
    Options
    Hi there,

Well what can I say, 37lbs is a great achievement and you should be proud. You've taken your little holiday/vacation and now it's time to get back into the swing.

I have some questions for you.....

Do you have to stay in the house? - I find that sometimes being in the house isn't just unhealthy because of the food you have in there but can also affect your mood considerably especially if you are on your own/watching TV.

Maybe if you're feeling like you want to be working or can't you could sit at your computer and find something new to learn on the internet. Not all tutorials on the internet cost money and I've learnt a few things for free in my time. Set yourself a timetable so you feel like you're in a more disciplined environment as if you were at work.
  • carolynhope
    Options
    Hi

I can sympathize with you as I have lost my way too over the last couple of months and have started to gain weight again! Perhaps you can use your extra time to exercise more, go to a class or to the gym to help kick start you again? My motto is "if its not in the house, I can't eat it", (which I haven't been doing!) so try not to put temption in your way. Don't give up! You did it before and you can do it again. I wish you every sucess as you re-start your journey.:smile:
    Best wishes
    CJ