Ladies...quick question

Options
I was wondering if weight loss and exercise could be affecting my period?

Replies

• rsalgado
    rsalgado Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if weight loss and exercise could be affecting my period?
  • Summarain
    Options
    I know that I gain atleast 3 to 4lbs before and during my period. Dont get discouraged. I just decided not to get on the scale until its good and gone!:smile:
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    It does mine... It makes it just as light, but longer..
  • jcpm98
    jcpm98 Posts: 114
    Options
    don't know if you want to share that much, but affecting how? I am sure it can, just like stress can among other things.

Jess
  • rsalgado
    Options
    Ya..I guess I wasn't clear enough. I should be on my period right now, but am only lightly spotting. I don't want to freak out that I am pregnant or anything (I have a tendency to do that :tongue: ) I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced a slight delay. This will have been my first period since starting my new diet and exercise...so I guess it seems logical.
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    Definitely, I believe it does. Since I've been working out hard it has been off schedule. Just like any change stress etc. it seems to put it out of whack.:grumble:
  • rsalgado
    Options
    Definitely, I believe it does. Since I've been working out hard it has been off schedule. Just like any change stress etc. it seems to put it out of whack.:grumble:

Okay...thanks...I can delay my FREAKING out for another a little while longer :laugh:
  • marc4
    marc4 Posts: 79
    Options
    YES.......I was going along great losing 2-3lbs per week for the last few weeks........then.....a gain......I thought I was going crazy.....anyway, never being "regular" monthly I had no idea that my period was coming.......then BOOM 3lb gain.......what a relief to know that there was a reason!!!

I'm back to where I should be......2 days into my period. Just be patient, the urges shocked me as I was being so good at controlling my sweet tooth.

Now that I know what happens I won't be so hard on myself. So no worries.........you'll be back to your "losing" streak in no time!!!!!

K:smile:
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    my best friend is having the same problem. I am on BC so mine is always the same..
  • rsalgado
    Options
    my best friend is having the same problem. I am on BC so mine is always the same..

I tried to go on BC over the summer but my blood pressure was too high. Anyhow, I haven't been on any pills for a couple years now which is why I'm sure I always panic. I should get on BC pills now, but I'm scared I will start gaining weight again. Any thoughts?
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Mine got much lighter - especially when I was running. You could try Mirena. I've heard good things about that, but check with insurance first, it's expensive if they don't cover it.