Belly fat!

Options
2»

Replies

• HawaiianTx
    HawaiianTx Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It's the Murphy's Law of weight loss. Weight always comes off what you want to keep first and where you want to lose last.

I've been trying to get rid of my belly since May. I honestly believe with most people it is the last fat to go. I was 174 when I started working out and getting on elliptical. I'm hovering between 155 and 160. My belly has shrunk up some, but it refuses to GO. So Murphy's law is definitely working on me. like some one said above cardio, and more cardio until you get to where you want to be.

I'm hoping that works, I'd hate to think the rest of me gets to be in shape and this belly just stays with me for life.
  • MissObstinatiox
    MissObstinatiox Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    It's the Murphy's Law of weight loss. Weight always comes off what you want to keep first and where you want to lose last.

I've been trying to get rid of my belly since May. I honestly believe with most people it is the last fat to go. I was 174 when I started working out and getting on elliptical. I'm hovering between 155 and 160. My belly has shrunk up some, but it refuses to GO. So Murphy's law is definitely working on me. like some one said above cardio, and more cardio until you get to where you want to be.

I'm hoping that works, I'd hate to think the rest of me gets to be in shape and this belly just stays with me for life.
    LOL I always thoughts thighs are the last to go...it's my case. I have been struggling with my larger-than-life thighs all the time!
  • stubsy1968
    stubsy1968 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I also have this problem. I've lsot 20kg since mid-January and no longer need to lose any weight (I'm 153cm / 5' and weigh @ 51-52kg) but I still have a little bit of tummy fat and some loose skin.

I've recently started running a few days/week along with lots of cardio at gym (step, combat, RPM) and cross-trainer. I also eat a very clean diet with little processed foods, very little fat, low carb/high protein diet.

Hoping if I can get more running/bike riding in it'll eventually go. It has to, right? :sad:

Kathy
  • BHealthyBeHappy
    BHealthyBeHappy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you walk, hold your stomach in while walking,
    This worked very well for me. I weighed 227 pounds and
    dropped to 126 in 8 months. Went from a size 24 to
    a size 4! I never dreamed that would happen.
    I can not believe how flat my stomach is and I am 59
    years old.
    It does work!

How do you do that? I have been trying to lose my weigh, however, my weigh always stay within 5 pounds for over a year.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    ga870516.gif
    If you walk, hold your stomach in while walking,
    This worked very well for me. I weighed 227 pounds and
    dropped to 126 in 8 months. Went from a size 24 to
    a size 4! I never dreamed that would happen.
    I can not believe how flat my stomach is and I am 59
    years old.
    It does work!

How do you do that? I have been trying to lose my weigh, however, my weigh always stay within 5 pounds for over a year.

Well, the more you have to lose to start with, the easier and faster it will come off, especially at first. Holding your stomach in while you walk, which is what i've been doing for the last 22 years, wont help you lose belly fat, not will it really burn more calories. Simply make your deficit, exercise, and be patient. If you lose weight too fast there's far more chance of loose skin.
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Weights are working for me... Taking pics and seeing the difference xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I want to do high impact exercises but my knees and shins start hurting and then I have to stop! :( Plus, I can hardly run 30 seconds without stopping! I have been doing Leslie Sansone videos. I am wondering if I can get a good calorie burning workout with her low impact exercises.
  • tasnim81
    tasnim81 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Ok.... so I have been eatting better for the last month, drinking only water (besides my coffee in the morning), and I have been exercising. WHY I am losing some weight in my thighs, arms, and butt but not my belly? I look like I am pregnant! I am 5'2 and weigh 144 (first thing in the morning). I have lost 6 pounds and I can see it in some areas but I still have this belly. Funny thing is that my sides (obliques) are smaller and then my stomach just pops out........ like I'm pregnant! Any advice and/or special exercise to help lose this belly.

I have exactly the same problems. But I do see that I'm getting smaller around the waist too, it's just that I see it more clearly on the arms and shoulders.

I have also been doing Leslie Sansone videos, they are the best for me now since I have problems with my legs. I think you do get a good workout with her program. Maybe as you lose more weight and feel stronger you can add more intensity to your workouts.. that's what I'm planning to do. :smile:
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I've been exercising with sauna belt around biggest part of tummy so that bit sweated more and do lot of pilates core work, that part of tummy has shrunk 12" since I started! (from 48 " to 36") my waist is now 32" from 38 "

Also got some Zaggora Hot pants now which wear over top of sauna belt when I take them off the inside of sauna belt is dripping wet.. I've gone down from size 20 -16... and can just get in 14 jog pants, but I feel I need to lose another few inches off tummy for them to be what I call 'comfortable'.

This seems to be working for me.. I also lost alot quicker after I went gluten free-low carb. Hoping to be in those 14's comfortably by end of year! :happy:
  • zwayny
    Options
    Belly fat is the worst. I heard that Hot Yoga works well. I have a friend who took 10 sessions in a new gym. She lost some weight and her skin looked better too!
  • zwayny
    Options
    My husband also told me that holding the stomach works. At 61 he still has a flat stomach even though he doesn't exercise much and he eats chips and drinks pop everyday (lol)