What kind of butter or margarine do you use?

Options
Mostly concerned with fats and sugars- what do you use?

Replies

• bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    the cheapest one. At home I have asda brand olive spread and at work I have a kerrygold one with honey because it was on offer. it's very nice but I have no idea what the fat and sugars are; I don't log things like spreads because it's too fiddly and i don't think i eat enough of it for it to make such a difference.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    Options
    good old regular butter.:love: ...no artificial margarine in this house....:sick:
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Vitalite is my favorite. Good flavour, only 32 cal per serving!
  • ExYoYoGirl
    Options
    I use Olivio Light
  • ExYoYoGirl
    Options
    The Olivio Light has 50 cals per tablespoon, and 5g of fat.
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    butter!
  • adrianneboyd
    adrianneboyd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I use I can't believe it's not butter! I don't taste a difference and it's way lower on calories and fat.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I only use butter and only when a recipe calls for it. I don't put butter on my bread, potatoes, veggies, popcorn or anything else anymore. I thought it would be hard to do, but I don't even think about it anymore.
  • Lindseysund8
    Options
    Country crock light!
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    good old regular butter.:love: ...no artificial margarine in this house....:sick:

same!

Moderation is key... I would rather have a little extra fat and calories than the stuff thats in the artificial stuff.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    We use Smart Balance, however, for many cooking applications, I like to use extra virgin olive oil. I guess it just depends on what we're making.
  • robinxhope
    robinxhope Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Earth Balance, Sucanat, and organic cold pressed olive oil, canola oil, and sesame oil depending on the level heat I'm using.http://www.earthbalancenatural.com/#
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i use i can't believe its butter spray
  • kantone999
    Options
    For cooking, I use butter for dishes that need butter flavor to taste right, olive oil otherwise. (Canola and corn are too high in Omega-6 fatty acids.) A lot of things that I used to butter I've learned to use nothing. For instance, if you're having toast and fruit preserves, you truly won't miss the butter after a couple of weeks without it. I use Butter Buds on things that have liquid. If you put them on a baked potato, I find it's more like the real thing if you add some fat free yogurt or sour cream--Butter Buds don't work well on dry foods. Hope this helps!
  • sandybirrd
    Options
    For just eating, I love smart balance with olive oil! For cooking though I use real butter or soy margarine. In general, limiting how much butter/oil I use when cooking has made a HUGE difference in the calorie counts of my favorite recipes.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Like on toast? I never understood why people put butter then jelly on toast. Just skip the butter!
  • Mingyming
    Options
    I use olive oil
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Unsalted ORGANIC Butter. Go for the real stuff. The "fake" butters are loaded with chemicals that aren't natural for our bodies to absorb.
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Like on toast? I never understood why people put butter then jelly on toast. Just skip the butter!

God grief no! Butter first :smile:
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I do not use butter or margerine. I use butter spray on my popcorn