Hi, I'm Sarah. - 100+ pounds to lose

Options
2»

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sarah. Good for you to get yourself motivated to do this. I wish I had at your age and I wouldn't have sore knees and achy bones!

Good luck
  • rosered51
    Options
    Sarah,

Welcome to MFP!!! Counting calories can seem like a chore in the beginning but every day I click that little button that says if every day were like today in 5 weeks you'll weigh...and I am so excited for tomorrow. MFP has become my new addiction. Instead of snacking I am here reading all these inspirational posts or replying or blogging.

You can do this!!! The people here will constantly cheer you on! Losing the weight now will make such a difference in your health in the future...YOU GO GIRL!!! GOOD LUCK!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited. I haven't gone hungry today at all and I'm 200 calories under my goal right now. :) (I'm starting out slow at losing 1 pound a week.) I even got to have a couple snacks, cheesecake and BACON lol!
    My dinner was Tuna Noodle Casserole and I am really full, plus i have room calorie-wise for a midnight snack if I want. I'm probably going to have a grapefruit.

The last calorie counting website i was on wanted me to limit myself to 1600 calories a day which I was having a very hard time doing, this one is a lot easier on me. I hope that'll help me stick to it.
  • will4change
    Options
    Sarah, take one day at a time. You put your mind and your whole heart and there will be nothing that you can't achive. IBest of Luck to you!!!
  • Oneproudmommy
    Options
    I am Also A Sarah,I am trying to lose 70 pounds after having three kids i went from 150 to 205 pounds so far in three days i have lost five pounds from just changing my diet
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Hey Sarah.....Welcome......I too have 100 to lose. I started on Jan 21st and have not lost anything, but I have lost inches and I physically I feel absolutely great............

Hang in there, this is a change for the rest of your life!!!!!!!

Welcome.......

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Andrea1973
    Options
    Hi Sarah, Good luck I have just joined too. It looks like a great site with so much help and assistance. I have recently lost weight 10 kilos and have been watching what I eat. Believe it or not I have increased my water intake and cut out the coke, (force myself to drink coke zero) it really does work. I have never been one to really drink water and what I have noticed that it truly does make a lot of difference. Good luck with it...it is hard...but hey at least we can all help each other along with the help of this site.
    Talk soon, Andrea