Max's Super Bowl Observations

Options
13»

Replies

• WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    5. Bruce Springsteen - Good show, Bruce, but how did you become such an icon with only a few #1 hits?

Any man that can perform like he does at 60 deserves to be an icon!! I love Bruce!!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I loved the CareerBuilder one... I laughed out loud... :laugh:

the woman screaming in the car over and over was hysterical..

That was my favorite too!

I liked it when the guy walked by and said "Hey Dummy" and when the koala bear got punched in the face.:laugh:

It was a great game and I couldn't have been more happier than to see one of my favorite teams of all time get their 6th Super Bowl ring.:smokin:

The Colts?

The Colts mean more to me but they didn't play, now did they?
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    Ok, the all-time worst Superbowl ad I think I have ever seen was the one with "MacGruder". Wow! :noway: I can't believe someone paid millions to air that! :frown:

I thought the best one this year was the dancing astronauts! Hilarious! :laugh: We backed that one up and watched it over and over.

And ps: did anyone else think Bruce was completely flat and off-key? We muted it after the first couple of minutes.:ohwell:
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    And ps: did anyone else think Bruce was completely flat and off-key? We muted it after the first couple of minutes.:ohwell:

I hear ya! It would have made things more interesting if he had a Janet Jackson moment and his tata was exposed! HE HE:laugh:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I really like the MacGruber episodes on SNL. That commercial was one of the skits they did this weekend. Pepsigruber!!! Love it!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    No, I guess gays had the day off.

DTM! :angry:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Didn't watch, :bigsmile: but I heard the clip of Jennifer Hudson doing the anthem and she does have a wonderful voice, but it irks me when people have to hold each note for at least 5 seconds. :huh: Just sing the darn song. :ohwell:

Have also seen some of the commercials and I'm officially tired of every advertiser thinking it's okay to make men look like morons. It's tired and a cheap shot. :angry:

The end! :bigsmile:

I agree on both accounts. If they made the women look like idiots, we'd never hear the end of it, the we dudes just sit there an laugh when we're made to look like morons. (see Everybody Loves Raymond)

Agreed-- so refreshing to read this-- we thought we were the only ones who got irked like this. You'd never see an "I Love Lucy" today where the madcap, zany housewife was the butt of all jokes. Too politically incorrect these days. We don't watch much TV as a result-- it's old seeing it thrust down our kids throats that Dad is a clueless idiot, but thank God for Mom.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that nobody has mentioned the funniest commercial: the Dorito's crystal ball- I was almost crying I was laughing so hard.

Free Dorito's in the office today? CRASH!!! Looks like Yes!!!!

:laugh: :sad: