13»

Replies

• Marianna194
    Marianna194 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Critics dont help anyone but themselves.
    Critics who correct incorrect information help everyone.

exactly
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Just a quick reminder of the following forum guideline:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation
    a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

Please keep the discussion mutually respectful. If there is a post that is an insult or attack, the only appropriate action is to use the Report Post option for a moderator to review. Please remember that it is often not what you say, but how you say it. :flowerforyou:

Best Regards,
    _Sally_
    MFP Forum Moderator
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    OP you need to do alot more reading and research before you make posts like this. Most of your information here is false and full of broscience.

While I might not disagree with the "broscience" which I take to say "this is what has worked for me", much of the information here is NOT "false". She has helpful information on how to set/reset the MFP goals, the benefit of HRM, friends/support, strength training, etc. Maybe if she had prefaced by saying "Hey, I'm not a scientist, but I've been working at this hard and these are a few tips I have found helpful for myself".

And, yes, StazzyBoo is my MFP friend! She is working at this HARD and is doing her best to educate herself and help others whenever possible. At least she's not posting crazy sh** like "drink a hot beverage after eating to melt the fat in your meal and allow it to pass out of your body".
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Okay, well....you doo need to eat your exercise calories! When you set how active you are, thats for how active you are during your daily life, nothing to do with exercising. So if you are more active in a job than someone who just sitz at home, you get more calories. It has nothing to do with exercising.
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Critics dont help anyone but themselves.
    Critics who correct incorrect information help everyone.

Correct-shmorrect. . . I think it is safe to say that this is a positive post on what worked for her, and may work for someone else. Someone just may say,"Gee, I think I will try that out, it may work for me. . ." If it does, than she has helped someone out, which is the purpose of MFP.

And until I see people posting degrees in nutrition and fitness, and I don't mean certifications, than taking anything on her as fact from anyone is just poor thinking.

. . . If you can recall in history books, it was a "Fact" that the world was square for quite some time. . . just sayin' . . .
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Some people count their daily exercise into the setting-I did at first and I have friends who did the same, not just normal day to day activites, I am talking about exercise exercise that you work off aside from BMR.
    Okay, well....you doo need to eat your exercise calories! When you set how active you are, thats for how active you are during your daily life, nothing to do with exercising. So if you are more active in a job than someone who just sitz at home, you get more calories. It has nothing to do with exercising.
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to write and post this. I'm just ignoring all the folks who seem to feel it necessary to share their counter opinions under the guise of being helpful...I can think for myself, thank you, and will make my own decisions about the info provided. I will take your contribution in the spirit that is intended. Congrats on the results you've achieved here!
  • Yougonan
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to write and post this. I'm just ignoring all the folks who seem to feel it necessary to share their counter opinions under the guise of being helpful...I can think for myself, thank you, and will make my own decisions about the info provided. I will take your contribution in the spirit that is intended. Congrats on the results you've achieved here!

Good for you Trish........I agree 100%. Thank you StazzyBoo !
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I LIKE YOUR SUGGESTIONS....I AM PRINTING THIS OUT! THANKS FOR SHARING!!!!