Calories by the week or day???

Options
carajo
carajo Posts: 532 Member
I have a question for anyone out there.......Some days i do not eat my exercise calories simply because i am not hungry....other days i eat all my exercise cals. plus some!!! i had a couple days last week i just could not get full and ate like crazy......so i took all the calories i ate for the week and they averaged to 1700 per day....i workout everyday so 1700 is about right for me...can you lose weight this way or will the days i eat alot just counteract the others????? Please Help thanks:flowerforyou:

Replies

• carajo
    Options
    I have a question for anyone out there.......Some days i do not eat my exercise calories simply because i am not hungry....other days i eat all my exercise cals. plus some!!! i had a couple days last week i just could not get full and ate like crazy......so i took all the calories i ate for the week and they averaged to 1700 per day....i workout everyday so 1700 is about right for me...can you lose weight this way or will the days i eat alot just counteract the others????? Please Help thanks:flowerforyou:
  • headwaiter
    headwaiter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    For me, you need to keep it inline for the day. If you overload on certain days, your body may not be able to handle them and you can add to your weight. If you go to low, your body will go into starvation mode and your metabolism will decrease and you will not be burning calories like you should.

You should be eating about 5 or 6 times a day, especially if you work out. Here is what I do on most days.

Work out at 8:00-8:30
    breakfast of protein shake and half a pink grapefruit

10:00am Snack (usually a slim fast bar)

1:00pm (lunch)
    Chicken with 1/4 homemade red sauce, small salad with homemade vinaigrette and vegetables

4:00pm Snack (another slim fast bar)

7:00pm Dinner
    Chicken, pork chop or steak, generally grilled with homemade spice rub and fresh vegetables

I don't eat dessert at all and drink a lot of water all day. I average about 5 bottles on most days and usually have 8 ouces of sports drink after my workout. If I want a snack at night, I try and keep it as healthy as possible, usually nuts or some fresh redbell pepper with infused olive oil for dipping.

I have a huge advantage because I work from home for the most part and can cook whenever I am going to eat. Not everyone has that luxury.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Theoretically you should still lose weight. But it's important to make sure you're getting proper nutrition EVERYDAY. SO if you are not taking in enough caories, frequently, that is not a good thing and you should try to balance your eating more.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    For me, you need to keep it inline for the day. If you overload on certain days, your body may not be able to handle them and you can add to your weight. If you go to low, your body will go into starvation mode and your metabolism will decrease and you will not be burning calories like you should.

You should be eating about 5 or 6 times a day, especially if you work out. Here is what I do on most days.

Work out at 8:00-8:30
    breakfast of protein shake and half a pink grapefruit

10:00am Snack (usually a slim fast bar)

1:00pm (lunch)
    Chicken with 1/4 homemade red sauce, small salad with homemade vinaigrette and vegetables

4:00pm Snack (another slim fast bar)

7:00pm Dinner
    Chicken, pork chop or steak, generally grilled with homemade spice rub and fresh vegetables

I don't eat dessert at all and drink a lot of water all day. I average about 5 bottles on most days and usually have 8 ouces of sports drink after my workout. If I want a snack at night, I try and keep it as healthy as possible, usually nuts or some fresh redbell pepper with infused olive oil for dipping.

I have a huge advantage because I work from home for the most part and can cook whenever I am going to eat. Not everyone has that luxury.

You should try to vary your foods more. Slim fast bars, veggies and protein are all I see. where's the fruit? where's the dairy? where's the whole grains? You're missing out on a million important nutrients.
  • carajo
    Options
    Thanks!!! I know if i ate more balanced i probably would not have those days where i felt "starved"!!! thanks again
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I tend to go by more of a weekly average, not to the extreme mind you... but if I'm over a bit one day and under a bit the next, I don't stress.

I lost 60 pounds that way so it worked for me!