Jamie Oliver

Options
it_be_asin
it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
If anyone else is a fan of Jamie Oliver, what are your favourite books? I have 30 minute meals - I have tried out a few things and plan on trying out more next week, the recipes need a bit of modification to make them calorie control friendly but they are tasty.

I was thinking of getting my mum a different Jamie Oliver book for Christmas, or maybe even a subscription to his magazine. What would the wise people of MFP do?

Replies

• JennBrown83
    JennBrown83 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    huge fan of Jamie's, don't have any of his cookbooks yet, but keep hoping i'll get one! I love his shows, I watch "Jamie's Meals in Minutes" every day! I've gotten some great ideas for meals from them!!! I also liked his Food Revolution shows...totally eye opening!!
  • MrsODriscoll
    MrsODriscoll Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    His Italian book is my fav. I'd not recommend the American one.
  • julespickles
    julespickles Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have 30 minute meals, and love a few of the recipes - try out the satay chicken and noodle salad, and "Pregnant Jool's pasta" they're lush :) I always quarter his olive oil amounts though, he's obsessed with it and adds Waaay to much!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    His Italian book is my fav.

Mine as well. His "Ministry of Food" cookbook is good for simple, tasty recipes though.

I had his Truffled Turkey Milanese at Jamie's Italian a few weeks ago and it was utterly delicious. The man knows food.
  • ccmurphy
    Options
    I'm a fan of Jamie Oliver - his website has good recipes and I've collected a few of his recipes over the years from library books - the Italy book I liked the most. My family bought me the 30min meals after I cooked some recipes after watching the show. The Jool's pasta is great - kids love it and freezes well. Last week I made the Salmon over Noodle broth, the Cauliflour mac cheese also popular with the family and I've made a couple of desserts. I've attempted to complete in 30 mins (and this is for one dish - he does 3!!) but can't quite do it though have lots of fun trying - actually the clean-up afterwards takes me just as long!