Really upset

Options
13»

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    So with those numbers, you should be eating around 1200 a day calories. That won't bring you to 2 lbs a week (your maintenance calories are about 1750), but it's the generally accepted safe limit. Of course you should add any exercise calories in that you eat. Your BMI is 32 which should support the 2 lb a week goal until you get down to about 160 or so. Drinking water (or water with crystal light, or lemonade, or anything with high water content and low or no caffine.) will definitly help, water is critical to a healthy metabolism (as stated earlier). And time is the real factor here, as FC said it's not always the same for everyone. It could be that you need to give your metabolism a few weeks to kick in before you even begin to see any results.

One note is that this site won't set a goal below 1200 calories. Even though you set 2 lbs a week, it will still limit you there. So following this site probably won't give you an average of 2 lbs a week. if you consult a nutritionist or speciallist, they may say that you can safely go below that (being a male, 6'2", with an athletic build, and maintenance calories of 2750, I don't have much experience with this practice). But I wouldn't try it on your own, it can be dangerous. I would try the water first, and continue for a few months before I even considered something like that.
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    seriously I know it's hard but give up the pop I never thought I'd say that:blushing: I used to drink alot of pop. I lost 7 pounds after I stopped I know water isn't the same but it's worth it give it a try good luck:drinker:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Water.....the water is gonna help with this. Here is a question for you though....why is water gross, I have never heard anyone say that.....water rocks and before all this soda carbinated garbage water was the bomb........Personally there are 2 things mandatory in my house. Milk and Water...I could go 1 year easy without a carbonated syrupy drink.........maybe try crystal light in your water.....better the lemon, but honest, water is soooooooooooooooo important.............

Sad that you think water is gross..... :ohwell:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    O yeah i def eat my excersize cal lol Its hard to stay in my calories some days i go over by like 100 or 200

Watch out with this, it take 3500 cals to make one pound, that's extra that you'd have to get rid of, maybe you are burning exactly what you are eating???
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Water.....the water is gonna help with this. Here is a question for you though....why is water gross, I have never heard anyone say that.....water rocks and before all this soda carbinated garbage water was the bomb........Personally there are 2 things mandatory in my house. Milk and Water...I could go 1 year easy without a carbonated syrupy drink.........maybe try crystal light in your water.....better the lemon, but honest, water is soooooooooooooooo important.............

Sad that you think water is gross..... :ohwell:
    I know I've read others that also feel this way...I too LOVE my WATER and have a hard time understanding not enjoying it but I've drank it so long now I don't give it a second thought. Eons ago I grew up with Hi-C and koolaid and fizzies (hehe bet not many remember those cool things!) but still we always had lots of water jugs in the fridge, maybe that's why I love it so much. I grew up with it and I think it's YumOliCious!:tongue:

Many on here have grown to enjoy it though so there is hope for everyone to work towards that... check with NWCountryGal on here and she'll share how much she hated drinking water...now she loves it and can't go without it. Might help talking to a fellow water hater and how water helped and changed her life.:flowerforyou:

FC
  • coliechacer
    Options
    I woke up this morning and i lost 1 pound yayyyyyyy
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    NICE!!! You're on your way! Keep it up. My friend didn't lose any weight for 3 weeks. Then all of a sudden she lost 5. It's funny what your body does, when it wants, when it can. You probably just needed some "adjusting" time.
  • coliechacer
    Options
    Thanks girl yeah i hope its keeps coming off or i will feel like a idiot for getting so excited for losing 1pound lol
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Thanks girl yeah i hope its keeps coming off or i will feel like a idiot for getting so excited for losing 1pound lol
    Getting excited losing any amount is perfectly OK!:bigsmile: 1/2 lb., 2 lbs, 4 lbs, it all adds up and can keep us motivated. Perhaps consider getting a hold of tape measure so you have more than one method to use. Sometimes when the scale stands still it can frustrate a person but if you find you're losing inches and your clothes are getting looser than hey what's it matter what the metal box says!?:drinker: :tongue:
    FC:heart:
  • coliechacer
    Options
    Gained 3 pounds from yesterday this is getting stressful. I was so excited about losing 1 pound i new it was to good to be true
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    I really think you need to stop weighing yourself every day. the human body can fluctuate up to five pounds a day, weighing yourself every day and stressing over the results from one day to the next is not a very good plan IMHO.

The only really good reason to weigh yourself every day is if you are using those daily numbers as part of a longer (much longer) term graph, to determine success over time. This is just my opinion of course.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Wait, before we jump to any conclusions, lets see if we can find out if we think you have the correct goals for what you want to do.

If you feel comfortable with it give us your numbers, Height, Weight, and estimated daily activity level, and if you have any conditions that could effect your metabolism (that you know of). Then give us your goal (2 lbs a week, 1 lb a week...etc). With these numbers we can see a general picture of where you are, and maybe why you aren't loosing.

I agree. Water is important, but it may only be part of the solution. With the information given as suggested, you could get some helpful tips on caloric intake and exercise duration and intensity. Intensity is an important component, low intensity exercise just doesn't burn calories like you think it might.

Using a hrm is the best way to see how many calories you are actually burning
  • coliechacer
    Options
    Yeah i am going to hide my scale just makes me upset for the rest of the day
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Yeah i am going to hide my scale just makes me upset for the rest of the day

Good! I'm proud of you. Better yet, ask someone else to hide it while you are out of your house, then tell them to only let you know after 2 weeks where it is!
  • coliechacer
    Options
    i hope i see some results soon cause this is crazy i work out 5 days a week and stay unde 1200 cal a day and still no weight off its just hard cause before i had my son i was 136 and now i am a whale