Zig zag

LolasEpicJourney
LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
edited October 4 in Food and Nutrition
I am considering switching things up and trying zig zagging. What are done personal experiences? What is your typical week like?

Replies

• mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Bump
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    I did something similar on WW back in 2003 when I lost my initial 50 pounds. It was called the Wendie Plan using WW points back then.

It helped me break through plateaus but also kept me more satisfied by eating slightly more some days.
  • momtimesone
    momtimesone Posts: 85 Member
    I zig zag my calories but not on purpose is just depends on if the meal I am having that day has more calories but It seems to be working for me because I am losing each week :)
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    I do. I don't really have a grand plan. I just know that on days I exercise with more intensity, I have a hard time getting in all my calories much less eating back exercise calories. And I tend to have social events and other festivities most weekends making it harder to eat light. Plus, I just like knowing I have calories banked for splurges. This way they are planned splurges not cheats. So I track my calories on a weekly basis, not a daily basis. The phone apps make this easy to do as they give you actual numbers for the week (Monday-Sunday) instead of just a bar graph like the website does. I'm losing and not feeling the least bit deprived. It's great.
This discussion has been closed.