Two NSV's

Options
Lunch meeting at work yesterday with assigned seats (team building, yay :indifferent:). I get overly salty catered lunch, find my seat and sit down. One of the other guys at the meeting, whom I hadn't seen in about 6 or 7 months, sits at the table next to mine. I'm munching on my Sodexo and he's just staring at me. Finally I said something. Me: "What?" Him: "No, nothing! ...uh...Jason?" Me: "Yeah?" Him: "Where's the rest of you? I haven't seen you in a while and I didn't even recognize you." Mission accomplished.

Fast forward to tonite, final session of the Fall Fitness Camp organized by my company. 12 weeks, running and cross-fit type activities. Hard work but a lot of fun. The first week and last week are a mile time trial. Week one of camp I ran my mile at a 7:22 pace (keep in mind, I've been running for a couple years now). I set the Garmin at that pace for tonite's run and beat the ghost by ~120 feet. Flip over to the total time -- 7:09 per mile. While I'm more than happy with the improvement, I'm also disappointed I didn't hit a sub-7:00 pace and think I could have pushed a little harder to hit it. Oh well, I guess that gives me a goal for the next session starting in January!

Replies

• mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    Ahhhh. Success tastes soo sweet!

Good work. You have no-one to "blame" but yourself.
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the hard work, and I'm sure you'll be able to shave 10 sec off your time :)
  • dawn2
    dawn2 Posts: 7
    Options
    Great success and very motivational!! Good for you. The hard work you do is paying off in spades!!!
  • CathiAnne
    CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congratulations on both NSV's. That is impressive. I hope we hear back from you in January when you go below the 7:00 min. mark.
  • Myrtlemama4
    Myrtlemama4 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    wow thats an amazing pace..You should be proud of yourself! 98lbs is not an easy task..Good job :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!