Post Baby Body

Options
I had a baby 4 months ago and I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight but my hips are still seriously wide. I know you can't target specific areas to lose fat in but I'm wondering if this is normal? This is my 4th pregnancy but I can't remember if this changes or not and I'm losing serious inches in my waist but not on my hips.

Replies

• abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    It might slowly go back after a while or it may not. Each one of my kids pushed my hips out further just a tad. Also remember your joints loosen and maybe since its only been 4 mths they still could be softer and maybe not bounced back yet? Oh to be a mother!! haha
  • Chellski
    Chellski Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    lol you guys should check out my blog!!! Would love to share experiences with you regarding post baby bodies
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    I had that for a while after my second, so I'm guessing after 4 it would be the same! I also gained...almost 30 lbs more with my second. Oops.

If you are nursing make sure you are taking in enough cals with your exercise program.

What really helped my "love handles" was HIIT training and hill sprints, but there is no way I would have been doing that with a 4 month old at home!
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    sometimes you hips spread and dont really go back. I think its more structural than fat. My friend has huge hips now but she has very little body fat. She likes it though b/c now she has an hour glass figure