Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How do I Increase flexibility?

I need to increase flexibility in my legs and back.

So we are all familiar with Jillian Michaels 30day shred. So during the cooldown, when Im sitting with my legs spread out, my back leans, I have good posture but I can not sit up like that. I have to bend my knees to sit with my legs out.

I can't keep my legs straight and sit up at the same time. It is a problem.

I was thinking about some sort of yoga but do not know where to start.

Replies

• daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Yoga is good. You should find some good old fashioned stretching exercises at the very least.
  • YOGA! :)
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    See if some of these stretching videos give you any ideas, I'd suggest hamstrings, calves, quadriceps, buttocks and hips.

http://www.thestretchinghandbook.com/stretching-videos.php

Exercise DVD's may sometimes not include enough stretches - you need to hold each stretch for at least 20 (preferably 30) seconds and do them at the end of every workout (ie. 5 times/week) to feel improvement.
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    I'm the same way. I'm on day 22 (today is my second day on level 3) and I've noticed that my flexibility has greatly improved since I began. I do come stretching after the cool down too: stand legs about hip width apart and touch the ground, or as close as you can get lol. I was able to touch the ground with the tip of my finger at first, now I'm almost able to get my palm to the ground (I can touch the ground with my fist).

So my advice is, keep at it. You'll improve with time.