SCALE STRIKE!

Options
I'm not too sure if this is a topic for "Success Stories" but I felt it might me applicable at some point.

Today I vow to not get on the scale for 1 month or maybe more...could be 3 months. I'm un-decided. Because I'm a beginner (well you could say, not counting the off and on) I dont want to risk being discouraged or angry @ the scale. :sad: So here today, I have decided to put the scale away, continue doing my regular exercise and eating healthy and allowing my mind to stay focused on my eating and exercising rather than "how much did i lose this week". :yawn:

You are all welcome to join the anti-scale crusaide if you like...lol.

I am almost certain that if I consistantly maintain a healthy diet and exercise then I will see the results and get even more filled with joy once I finally look at the huge weight loss.

Just my thoughts!

Replies

• Summarain
    Options
    I'm not too sure if this is a topic for "Success Stories" but I felt it might me applicable at some point.

Today I vow to not get on the scale for 1 month or maybe more...could be 3 months. I'm un-decided. Because I'm a beginner (well you could say, not counting the off and on) I dont want to risk being discouraged or angry @ the scale. :sad: So here today, I have decided to put the scale away, continue doing my regular exercise and eating healthy and allowing my mind to stay focused on my eating and exercising rather than "how much did i lose this week". :yawn:

I am almost certain that if I consistantly maintain a healthy diet and exercise then I will see the results and get even more filled with joy once I finally look at the huge weight loss.

Just my thoughts!
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    :blushing: You are not alone I have done that before but only for two weeks or so. I do think it is a good idea to keep track of what is working and not working but sometimes you just have to do it and be very happy with the weight loss after checking for a month or so...:bigsmile: Good luck!
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    i'm in! i was just thinking about that this morning. not only cuz it'd be more rewarding to see a bigger loss when you step on, but because i have a digital scale, and i think its pretty cheap, cuz every time i stand on it, its different. even if i step on, then RIGHT back on.

so, i'm with ya sister! :bigsmile:
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I think that is great! I doubt I give up on the scale totally because I love my ticker:sad: LOL!!! But, what I do realize, is that our success is measured way more than by the scale:wink: You go girl, youre a winner!!! And another 8 lb loser, yeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw!!! Lets see, what weighs 8 lbs?? Oh shoot, hope it isn't my brain:sad: Duh, can't think but I sure am lighter:laugh: :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker:
    denise in OR

Just my thoughts!
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I definitely can relate. I was on the site for 3 weeks b4 I purchased a scale. I wanted to develop the habits 1st then measure the weight. I secretly suspected that I weighed more than I thought but I couldn't bear the thought of seeing it. I have purchased a scale and now I am strong enough to know that I am doing what it takes to be successful. I have decided that I will weigh every two weeks and only on Sunday b4 church. That way once I get to church, I will reminded that it not about what I want but about what HE wants for me.
  • happenstance82
    Options
    Yeah, I think it might be good for me to curb my obsession with the scale.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I put my scale in my son's room last week and told him to hide it from me for a month. I'll ask for it back on February 27 and see if I've finally broken through this stupid plateau I've been on for months. :grumble:

Good luck to all of us. :flowerforyou:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    My scale is out to get me.:grumble: People suggested weighing daily helps keep you on track. Ya right. I'm up 1.6 from yesterday, and have been in the worst mood all day. I'm doing the 1x/wk for the BL Challenge, and tha's it! :grumble:
  • lizbeth509
    Options
    I'm with you! Especially if you're working out alot -- the scale doesn't move much at first. I decided over the weekend to weigh myself once a month (for the time being anyway). I've followed weight watchers in the past (and not too strictly) without exercising and have lost 5 lbs in a week. Now I'm logging in every calore and staying right on track, and I feel great, and my clothes are loose, but when I got on the scale I only lost 2 lbs (over a 3 week period) -- it was very discouraging:sad: . Then I remembered when I went to a nutritionist he had told me that when you start working out, you can actually gain a couple of pounds at first (especially if you never really work out much) -- but it's muscle (which weighs more than fat) so that's great. In the long run that muscle will boost your metabolism and eventually the pounds will drop. So I'm going to stay with what I'm doing and let my clothes be the judge.

Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • Summarain
    Options
    i'm in! i was just thinking about that this morning. not only cuz it'd be more rewarding to see a bigger loss when you step on, but because i have a digital scale, and i think its pretty cheap, cuz every time i stand on it, its different. even if i step on, then RIGHT back on.

Me too! That is one of the main reasons why I am going on strike, because the digital scale is off and on.......:grumble:

My body will show me my improvement, I dont need a scale to discourage my progress. I'm not saying scale's arent beneficial. I believe they are, you have to know where you are starting from to know how great your success is. I just feel like obsessing over how much the scale says is a henderance to your ultimate goal, which is to be healthy.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I actually was on strike for 2.5 weeks and am going to weigh in tomorrow, on my birthday. Hopefully I'll have given myself a good birthday present with all of the hard work I've done! I also decided I wasn't going to get back on until March 10, the day before my first ever Vegas trip. Regardless of what the scale says, I'm bringing a bathing suit so I can lounge in the hot tub. If people don't like my chunkiness they don't have to look, right?! Hehehe! Here's to scale strikes and healthy weight loss!!! :drinker:
  • csantos1182
    Options

I have the same problem! I keep telling my husband that if we don't get a new one I am gonna throw this one across the room:mad:
  • vonzo
    vonzo Posts: 161
    Options
    Good for you! I wish I had trhat much discipline. I'm TRYING to only weigh in once a week, it's tough.

I can't wait to hear your weigh in in a month! Good Luck :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!