alcohol

Options
does anyone know some really low cal good tasting alcohol.
even one shot or vodka with sprite light is 56cal per drink which is a lot does anyone know a lower cal one?

thanks

Replies

• Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You can't get much lower cal than straight spirits. I usually drink spirits with diet soda eg bourbon and diet coke or vodka and diet orange or something.

Check out this website:
    http://www.nutracheck.co.uk/calories/calories_in_alcohol/Alcohol.html
  • Chellski
    Chellski Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i drink Vodka and sprite zero
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    straight vodka :) or vodka w/ diet sodas.
    tbh i dont worry about it - i went out last month and had jager and vodka and mixed drinks and kept track the best i could while still enjoying myself. i had some calories saved up for it and i used em :D
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Don't quote me on this... but I remember reading that the actual alcohol, like fat, has 9 calories per gram. So it's gonna be hard to have alcohol without many calories... Vodka is the lowest calorie liquor... I don't think you'll find more bang for your buck so to speak than vodka with diet mixers. That low calorie beer I guess... but I think it tastes horrible (I am a bit of a beer snob... I like stouts, porters, and IPAs) Good luck, maybe someone will have some suggestions... If I have a drink it is usually vodka with diet tonic and lime
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I like to drink a Skinny B*tch - vodka and Diet Coke. Or change it up a little and use vanilla vodka. I remember reading somewhere that the chemicals in the diet soda interact with the alcohol in a way that you feel drunker faster. So, yeah.

But like someone else posted, enjoy your alcoholic beverage and don't stress too much about it! Drinking is supposed to be a fun, relaxing, social experience. Make it that way!
  • steppestep
    Options
    vodka and diet sprite it is, thanks though :)
    its really hard to allow yourself to waste calories on alcohol but i suppose if your dancing your burning them too
  • nancyjanetaylor
    Options
    Pomegranate Wine spritzer

3 oz Ocean Spray diet Cranberry Pomegranate beverage
    2 oz dry white wine
    3 oz club soda
    lots of ice
    slice of lime
  • Leiose
    Leiose Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would agree that hard liquor shots mixed with diet soda is probably your best bet... but I would also recommend avoiding alcohol as much as you can... once you have a drink, your body stops burning calories/fat, and burns off the alcohol.

So not only are you adding calories to your 'budget', but you've *stopped* burning calories (like you normally would) until all the alcohol is metabolized.

The question you have to ask yourself is: "do I want to stop burning calories & fat for ANY amount of time?!"
  • deevo
    deevo Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Is it just me ...or does anyone else think 56 calories is not a lot.?? I drink cherry vodka with diet coke or coke zero...

If you are worried about the calories just don't eat so much earlier that day. Does wonders with the tolerance level and how much you have to spend on drinks.(not as much) HA
  • dreilingda
    dreilingda Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is high cal by nature. Buy yourself space by planning ahead and getting in plenty of excersie.
  • mrsamyhicks
    Options
    When you go to the liquor store ask the clerk for a "low cal vodka" that was made by some guy name pit bull or something. I could have the inventor wrong but I saw it. The clerk at the one I went to said that there are a couple of liquors that were strictly low cal, ask about them. Also its not hard liquor but the only thing I drink now is called Skinny Girl Margarita, its soooo good, 12% alcohol, and is also in liquor stores. Its 35 calories (per serving of course)
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    def vodka and diet soda, straight spirits, or goto the liquor store and they have a whole heap of low cal drinks to chose from
  • dddeans
    dddeans Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love Tequila and it is 65 per shot. But I like the new Light Margaritas. Only 100 cal per 6 oz glass. YUM.
  • backstreet1008
    Options
    Personally, I like vodka cranberry with diet cranberry juice. The juice is only 5 calories so you're really only getting calories from the alcohol itself.

And I too have heard great things about the Skinny Girl line. They also make sangria, which I've heard tastes amazing. It's a bit pricier though for the small amount you're getting.
  • ecookk
    ecookk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Vodka with sparkling mineral water and a squeeze of lime. That is the only thing I will drink and its delicious. I avoid any kind of flavoured fizzy drinks (coke, sprite etc), as although the diet versions may below in calories, they still are not good for you.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Is it just me ...or does anyone else think 56 calories is not a lot.?? I drink cherry vodka with diet coke or coke zero...

If you are worried about the calories just don't eat so much earlier that day. Does wonders with the tolerance level and how much you have to spend on drinks.(not as much) HA

I agree with you. 56 is nothing, especially when you consider a serving of orange juice is closer to 100.

Another skinny option is using Baja Bob's margarita mix. Baja Bob's stuff is sugar free (uses Splenda instead) and along with margarita mix, they also make sweet & sour.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Options
    Sorry, double post. :)
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I mix vodka with diet sparkling cranberry or blueberry/pomegranate and it is awesome! after reading posts i would like to try the skinny girl line.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I would agree that hard liquor shots mixed with diet soda is probably your best bet... but I would also recommend avoiding alcohol as much as you can... once you have a drink, your body stops burning calories/fat, and burns off the alcohol.

So not only are you adding calories to your 'budget', but you've *stopped* burning calories (like you normally would) until all the alcohol is metabolized.

The question you have to ask yourself is: "do I want to stop burning calories & fat for ANY amount of time?!"

This is not true. The only way you're going to stop burning calories is when you die.

Having said that, since alcohol is toxic, your body will work to metabolize that and eliminate it from the body before it metabolizes anything else. So it's generally recommended to eat before you party. But burning calories, no. As long as you are still breathing and moving you will be burning calories.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Spiced rum and diet coke.