I did it!

Options
So, I am really not a runner. I do a lot of other physical acitvity, but I have always hated running. Since I joined the gym I have been trying to incorporate some sprints on the treadmill. Last week I did 2 quarter mile sprints and was really excited. Then today I decided to hit the treadmill after I got through with my weights. I set the speed at 6 mph and started running, my goal was to go 1 mile. I got into my ipod and ended up doing 2 miles!! My next goal will be to increase the speed a bit, then try to work up to going farther. I am SO proud of myself right now! As an added bonus, I burned over 1000 calories today! :bigsmile:

Replies

• amycakes812
    Options
    So, I am really not a runner. I do a lot of other physical acitvity, but I have always hated running. Since I joined the gym I have been trying to incorporate some sprints on the treadmill. Last week I did 2 quarter mile sprints and was really excited. Then today I decided to hit the treadmill after I got through with my weights. I set the speed at 6 mph and started running, my goal was to go 1 mile. I got into my ipod and ended up doing 2 miles!! My next goal will be to increase the speed a bit, then try to work up to going farther. I am SO proud of myself right now! As an added bonus, I burned over 1000 calories today! :bigsmile:
  • fishernd
    fishernd Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats! Sounds like you hit "runner's high". I had that a few years ago where running started to be more of an outlet than exercise! Keep it up!
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    How do you do that? My chest feels like it is going to explode after 3 minutes!
  • amycakes812
    Options

That's how I used to feel! I started doing higher impact cardio to get my body used to working harder. I usually walk between 4 to 4.5 mph. I slowly started to increase my speed until I was sprinting for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Once that was comfortable and I wasn't completely winded I added in more time. It really did feel like a high today once I got into it!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    WOW, that is so great, keep up the great work.
  • wannaBme
    wannaBme Posts: 143
    Options

Just slow down your running a bit ... It took me a while to figure this out but slowing down helped me go for longer which was an amazing accomplishment for me ! Now, I can speed it up a bit.
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That's impressive! Good for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!