Vitamin B ...

Options
Was wondering if anyone on here took it? I've heard it's very good for lifting your mood and spirit and giving you more energy. Trying to decide if it's worth a bash?

Replies

• vonzo
    vonzo Posts: 161
    Options
    Was wondering if anyone on here took it? I've heard it's very good for lifting your mood and spirit and giving you more energy. Trying to decide if it's worth a bash?
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I take it. Especially when I am feeling low energy or around TOM. I always like it, it is not like a caffeine pill or anything but does help. Your Pee will be bright Yellow though.
  • vonzo
    Options
    I take it. Especially when I am feeling low energy or around TOM. I always like it, it is not like a caffeine pill or anything but does help. Your Pee will be bright Yellow though.

sounds interesting :huh: Maybe seeing bright yellow wee may help my 2 year old potty train, it's her favourite colour :laugh:
  • hamilton_mom
    Options
    Do you already take a multi-vitamin though? You might want to just call someone to make sure that you aren't getting too much of a good thing. Too much of a good thing can have detrimental effects.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I take B6 and it definitely has helped me :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    hm, now that I never noticed:bigsmile:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    The b complex vitamins are responsible for your metabolism, specifically B12. However I think a daily multivitamin should give you about all you need. I think you can take more sporadically without any real ill effects though.

For instance, Five Hour Energy contains 8333% of your daily required b12, and 2000% of B6. No, those aren't typos.
  • TammyWall
    Options
    So is this a drink? The five hour energy??
    I was low on energy as well at one or two points in my life!! And the Dr. actually gave me B12 shots!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I was low on energy as well at one or two points in my life!! And the Dr. actually gave me B12 shots!

Yep, its an energy drink, kind of like jolt cola or Red Bull, except it uses vitamins as opposed to caffeine and gaurana as its base.

I'm not a huge fan of them, but they do work. Just never take them with a martini... not that I would know or anything :embarassed:
  • TammyWall
    Options

Yep, its an energy drink, kind of like jolt cola or Red Bull, except it uses vitamins as opposed to caffeine and gaurana as its base.

I'm not a huge fan of them, but they do work. Just never take them with a martini... not that I would know or anything :embarassed:
    HAHA!! Okay point taken and I am now making a mental note of it!! I was scanning my memory banks as Five Hour Energy sounds familiar...I am thinking I saw it at a local Mac's store perhaps?
    :noway:
  • vonzo
    Options
    No, I think I'm naughty. It has never occurred to make to take multi vitamins. I've only taken them when pregnant and they made me feel violently sick. Perhaps I'll take a walk to the chemist today and have a chat to them about it and see what they recommend.

Thanks guys!!
    :smile:
  • Andrea1973
    Options
    I always start the day with a Berocca vitamin B fizzy drink, increases energy levels and with having three young children around it certainly helps with my days.
  • Starrotts
    Options
    :flowerforyou: i have been taking b vitamins for a coup:blushing: le years ..i truly believe they help
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,976 Member
    Options
    Daily multi vit for me. Occassional B-Complex, too. Very occassional. Too much of a good thing - including B - is not such a good thing. :drinker:
  • mitoot
    Options
    Hello, I have had some bloodwork done, and my B12 was low. The doctor told me to start taking a multivitamin.