Did losing weight change your relationship status?

Options
With making the right choice to lose weight, has your relationship status changed since your weight loss? Do more people flirt with you? Is the relationship your currently in have more spice to it or is everything the same?

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    He didn't fall in love with me because I was large or small, so he didn't marry me when I had lost weight either. Our relationship is amazing, always has been and always will be.

Other people do seem to flirt with me more, which is annoying and aggravating to say the least. On the one hand, the attention is nice...on the other hand, I wanted to find someone who loved ME not what I look like, and that's what I have. Those flirters missed out when I was single, and it's their fault because they judged me for being big.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has become more jealous and leery of me going places without him because people hit on me more. I like it. :)
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    I went from single to In a Relationship. And heck yes, more boys hit on me. It is so weird to me.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Luckily boyfriend didn't see me when i was chubby :P he probably would have looked the other way! lol

but nah he loves me for who I am no matter what :] He glares at the guys who check me out, so i don't get flirted with often heh
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I became more serious about losing weight and becoming more fit because my relationship didn't work out. Now that I am single and will probably never date again, I can do whatever I want and look how I want to.
  • jasmineheaven
    Options
    I became more serious about losing weight and becoming more fit because my relationship didn't work out. Now that I am single and will probably never date again, I can do whatever I want and look how I want to.

You and I are on the same exact page lol
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Nope, although my husband is now giving me the "you don't need to be any thinner" talk!
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    I NEVER used to get complements on appearance from either gender, now I get "you're looking great, Gary" from a lot of ladies at work and it's a real buzz (I know the novelty will wear off).

I am happily married to a wonderful woman who thinks the world of me regardless of my size (as I do her) and our relationship has gotten so much better because of changes in me (not just physical) and without TMI things are better too.

I DID lose the weight with a mindset of ... "it doesn't matter if my wife/friends/family,etc thought less of me as I don't need their approval to do this - I did it for me". Glad I did, and others benefit too.
  • naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    My husband fell in love with me when I was BIG!!!! After we got married I got even bigger and he still was in love with me and thought I was sexy. And even after losing he still thinks I am sexy. Our relationship in the bedroom has gotten a little better as I get in better shape but nothing has changed in the way of our Relationship as a whole. He fell in love with the person I was and the person he was when he was with me and that won't change no matter how much our diet or looks change.
  • jasmineheaven
    Options
    Nope, although my husband is now giving me the "you don't need to be any thinner" talk!
    Why do men do that? lol..they support you at first completely but then when you begin to go on the borderline of losing too much of what they like (chest, waist, butt), thats when they step in lol
  • Bellyroll
    Options
    My boyfriend met me skinny and I gain the weight being with him. Now I am big and he still loves me the same. The trouble is getting him to go to the gym with me.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    My dude wasn't too happy with me losing weight but I think he's adjusting to it because he been all up under me lately:wink: I was 117 pounds when we started dating, I got up to 140 as we ate and lounged around and now I weight 119.6. He thought that I was looking for someone else, we've had a very hard 7months but he's coming around and acknowledging that I'm the bomb now:drinker:
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Well ... I'm a much more positive and outgoing person now than I used to be. I used to hide out in my little man-cave and hate the world. So, my wife is definitely pleased with the change. I think this has certainly made our relationship much better.

As for women flirting with me ... I'm pretty much clueless to such things. I think it may have happened a few times. I usually have to ask my wife to confirm or deny whether or not I just got flirted with ... :tongue:
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    It's not uncommon for relationships to change. My ex husband actually cheated on me when I lost enough weight to be at my goal. Why? Because he felt I was so self sufficient now that he didn't feel like "my hero" anymore. My world no longer revolved around him and I no longer was useless when it came to reaching for my dreams (whatever they were). Instead of celebrating with me, he chose to have an affair with a co-worker who: Had just moved to the area and didn't know anyone so she was lonely, and she was insecure about HER body image, and her dad just died 6 months prior... blah blah blah. Losing weight requires you to change your focus from without to within. Until you conquer the head game that is keeping you fat, you can't conquer the fat and leave it behind completely.
    NOW, 6 years later, I put back on about 30lbs of the 80 that I'd lost. (Did I mention the head game isn't easy every day?) My guy now is AWESOME about my weight loss. he's supportive and celebrates with me. Heck, he loses with me when he's not deployed! :) Team work is SO much better...

Whatever the dynamic of your relationship - losing weight and gaining confidence will make it even more what it is. If it's based on the right stuff, it'll become even warmer, more enjoyable, and more loving. If it's NOT based on the right stuff, it'll be more of "that".
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Why do men do that? lol..they support you at first completely but then when you begin to go on the borderline of losing too much of what they like (chest, waist, butt), thats when they step in lol
    Despite what hollywood would have us believe most men seem to PREFER girls w/ Curves. :)
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i lost a bf , and i will probably lose more weiht because of it... he met me skinnyer then drove me to eating / gaining weight over the year. was not supportive of me losing weight at all, so im better without him. he should love me skinny or fat ... im still the same person. im sure someone else is out there for me who likes me for me
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I guess I flirt a bit more than I did before.

Now that I'm more active, I wish my boyfriend would be. I feel like he's so lazy!

...I'm contemplating things.......
  • Cathleenr
    Options

lol people tell me this alla time. i say "no, but i do need to be leaner" :)
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    a lot of positive attention from strangers, a lot less from those I know! But I feel like it's more to do with the increase in my confidence than the decrease of my weight. It;'s nicer to be the 'hot chick' instead of the girl with 'pretty eyes' even if they're all bad lines lol
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My marriage has improved dramatically. I'm much happier, and hubby and I's "private" life has improved 200%.