Having ladies over for coffee and need recipes

Options
MinaAriel
MinaAriel Posts: 138 Member
Hi there! I am having members of my MOMS Club over for coffee on Friday. Since there are several of us on MFP, I thought that it would be nice to offer some healthier options to our usual streudel, donuts and coffee cake. Do any of you have some tried and true recipes you would be willing to share. It would be at 9am so I don't know if I could get away with cupcakes and those seem to be the recipes I'm drawn too. LOL

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    How about having yogurt parfaits? Get some great granola, fresh fruit, and some special things like coconut flakes, chia seeds, and dried tart cherries?

Use tall glasses, or parfait cups if you have them, and layer it nicely.

Or you can make a crustless baked quiche. I don't have a recipe but mostly eggs, mets, veggies, and a tiny bit of good cheese.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com or greelitebites.com. There are a ton of GREAT healthy recipes on there :) (And swaps for unhealthy ones too!)
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I haven't made this but it looks super yummy!

Baked oatmeal squares

http://www.cookinggodsway.com/baked-oatmeal-squares/
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    How about having yogurt parfaits? Get some great granola, fresh fruit, and some special things like coconut flakes, chia seeds, and dried tart cherries?

Use tall glasses, or parfait cups if you have them, and layer it nicely.

Or you can make a crustless baked quiche. I don't have a recipe but mostly eggs, mets, veggies, and a tiny bit of good cheese.

I also really like the yogurt parfait idea. They are elegant and looks so nice! You could even make it a buffett and have everyone out so the ladies can make their own parfait. You could have different fruits, and toppings.
  • velarneyraptor
    velarneyraptor Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    ^ I think the buffet idea for the yoghurt parfait is a good one - it is a bit of a treat and could kinda double as breakfast since your event is at 9am. Plus the other ladies can choose what they feel comfortable eating and not offend the host!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Ii like to make little mini crustless quiches. Put a couple of bacon rashers on the base of a patty cake paper.
    pour in a little already prepared mixture of egg, onion, capsicum(pepper), thyme, salt and pepper. Bake for a little time in a moderate oven. They are so much better than all that heavy sugary wheaty stuff, especially for an early morning gathering. Have it for breakfast!
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Instead of the baked goods I often offer things like low fat crackers with cucumber and tomato, maybe a low fat dip to spread, Fresh fruit with a dipping yoghurt. Or some salad sandwiches cut up little. I love those :)