Toning arms?

Options
I need some ideas on how to work my arms in the "bat wing" area lol Do you have any moves that you noticed helped tone that area? Any imput would be great! :) TIA :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    Any triceps exercise will "condition" the area improving "muscle tone", but the "wings" are skin and fat and no exercise can spot reduce/repair it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    My favorite tricep exercises are tricep dips, overhead tricep extensions, tricep (narrow) push-ups, and cable pushdowns.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Best thing to do it to lose the fat there. You cannot spot reduce so stay in a calorie deficit.

I encourage you to strength train though of course :] Will give you a better look once the fat is gone
  • ccpace4
    ccpace4 Posts: 100
    Options
    I've heard the best thing to get rid of the flab is lot of repetitions at a lower weight...it's kinda worked for me..in the past I would just keep building muscle on the top but still having huge arms and look jacked which i didn't want either...so now I've been able to keep muscle same..and get rid of some of the flab lol
  • Cathleenr
    Options
    I need some ideas on how to work my arms in the "bat wing" area lol Do you have any moves that you noticed helped tone that area? Any imput would be great! :) TIA :flowerforyou:

if you are talking about the back of the arm,that would be the tricep.
    dips, which if done correctly are murderous :)
    french presses with the EZ bar
    overhead presses with DB's
    cable pushdowns
    behind the neck military press
    decline skullcrushers
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    I've heard the best thing to get rid of the flab is lot of repetitions at a lower weight...it's kinda worked for me..in the past I would just keep building muscle on the top but still having huge arms and look jacked which i didn't want either...so now I've been able to keep muscle same..and get rid of some of the flab lol
    Myth. That builds muscle endurance and doesn't burn fat any more than lifting heavy.