First Day

Options
Hello! I'm Rebecca and I just started MFP. I'm 19 years old, 200 pounds and 5'3. I also just recently found out I have PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) which, along with other things, makes it incredibly difficult to lose weight. I've struggled with losing weight for a long time so I really hope this site can help. What I really like is motivation, support, encouragement. Anything. Add me & help me out. :)

Replies

• Saisha23
    Saisha23 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome Rebecca! :smile: And best wishes on your weight loss journey! Add me if you need a friend on your journey!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Hey! You're welcome to add me. We're pretty similar. I'm 19, 5' tall, have PCOS...only difference is I'm 140 pounds but otherwise I do completely understand the added struggle for weight loss. :( And I'd like more people around my age. :)
  • InspiredFaith87
    Options
    Hello There!
    Trust me, I understand your struggle. I have been about 220-235 (fluctuates) for the past 3 years. I want to loose this weight as well. Im 24 and 5'3. You can do it, I am going to add you and you can motivate me. I can tell you now, just seeing what you eat on the daily can really curb your habits. I almost cried on day 1. I couldnt believe the calories I was literally just feeding my body! So be honest and true to yourself, know your boundaries and don't try to drastically do something you know will back fire later. What I mean by that it eat in portions instead of trying to stop eating things you like (going cold turkey). This will make you crave that item even more. When you take a portion of what you used to eat instead, you start to actually enjoy being able to eat the item so you learn to live without it. I know it sounds crazy but I love Kit Kats. I treated myself before I started my diet. NOW, I know in order for me to earn the reward of having another, I must lose a pound. And, on top of that, it has to be the bite size. It's all about portions. Anyways, let me know how your weeks goes! Have a good 1!