At night drink like 4cups of water before i go to bed

rita27ny
rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
edited October 4 in Food and Nutrition
Hi,

Do any of you experience this get really thirsty before going to bed? This happens to me like every night I have to drink 4cups of water.

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Omg YES its horrible because I end up having to go to the bathroom at like 4am!!

I *think* its either because I get behind on my water during the early evening/late afternoon (like 4pm to 7pm) and maybe also because I do evening workouts which always make me thirsty.
  • rita27ny
    ya every night its been happening to me but haven't been working out
  • rita27ny
    right now im guzzling a bottle of water.
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Try to drink more throughout the day, I guess.

Don't forget you need extra water before, during and after exercise. Not included in the recommended 2L, I'm pretty sure anyway.
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    good thing i work nights!:bigsmile:
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Try to drink more throughout the day, I guess.

Don't forget you need extra water before, during and after exercise. Not included in the recommended 2L, I'm pretty sure anyway.

For me it depends on the temperature - a hot room makes me want water more than running outside. I don't sweat much (defective in that way) so water replenishment is not as big of a deal for me as it is for some people.

And of course depends on how dry or wet the food I ate that day was.

But I do think that the pre-bed guzzle is mostly from neglecting water throughout the evening. Like I drink a lot at work, pee it out, then I don't drink much water for 4 hours and my body thinks "woah I just let flushed a lot of water thinking I'd get more and now its not coming" so it kind of sends you "yo ***** what up" signals.

I just chugged a bottle.
  • OMB This happens to me. I dont know why but I get super thirsty at night and then I end up waking up like 2 or 3 times at night because I have to go pee.
  • rita27ny
    loL
  • rita27ny
    LOL
  • rita27ny
    LOL i down 2 cups of water now too lazy to go pee.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Me too. I've had 4 cups since midnight!!! Not looking good for sound sleep tonight lol.
This discussion has been closed.