Im new

Options
Hello,

My name is Alysa and I am new here!!!

It has taken me a long time to realize how actully big I am, and now I have my mind set on getting to where I will be healthy..... I came upon this website by accident but it seems like a great way to get started for me!!! A way for me to track myself and get started!!

Anyway thought I would introduce myself.. I dont expect anyone to write back... but I thought for the sake of things that I would introduce myself anyway!!

Have a great day all!!

Cheers~

Replies

• AlysaDixon
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Alysa and I am new here!!!

It has taken me a long time to realize how actully big I am, and now I have my mind set on getting to where I will be healthy..... I came upon this website by accident but it seems like a great way to get started for me!!! A way for me to track myself and get started!!

Anyway thought I would introduce myself.. I dont expect anyone to write back... but I thought for the sake of things that I would introduce myself anyway!!

Have a great day all!!

Cheers~
  • alyzasgranny
    Options
    Best Of Luck Alysa we all need a little extra coaxing
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    congrats and welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    you have come to the right place! we are all here for the same exact reason, you will get alot of encouragment here and just find that "frame of mind" as i like to call it where you have that drive to lose....mine is to wear shorts and a swim suit and feel half way confident! IM GOING TO DO IT..Remember if you can whip a craving ....it only tastes good for a few minutes..........then..u know the rest! lol good luck!
  • jord232002
    jord232002 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm new, too!!! Last night I also "stumbled" on this website and feel so ... awake to what I've been doing to myself. I really had a reality check when I logged everything in; I was informed if I kept going at my current calorie consumption I would GAIN forty pounds in only 5 weeks. Yikes!!
    I'm so grateful for this site - and the ability to have support from others in my position.
    Best of luck to you!
  • AlysaDixon
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the good luck wishes...... This may sound a little silly but I dont think that I have this kind of support in real life... Everyone wants it to happen but no one will help.......

My boyfriend and his sista live with me..... She is extreamly skinny and he is definatly not large.... so when I say things like "lets go for a walk" neither one of them is interested........

They are kinda partiers..... not me.... not into that..... so me and the dog will walk... sometimes just to get away from them for half an hour!!! haha

They are great in the way that they are STARTING to change their eating habbits for me tho.... when they do grocery shopping for the house hold they dont always go for the Hungry Man and Junk.... they are choosing things that are a little easier for me to go along with......

I know they are trying that way but it isnt always easy...... But a start is a start!!!

So here goes nuthin!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Alysa, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already. I love it here so much. I find it very helpful, supportive, and very motivational. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.