Logging weight loss

Options
I weighed myself today for the first time in a few weeks as i was going through a plateau and to my surprise the scale has told me i have lost 2lbs. How long to you think i should leave it to log the weightloss? Knowing my luck it will be back on tomorrow morning! :laugh:

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i pick one day a week (sunday) and log whatever loss i see on that day. i dont usually log gains, i just work harder the next week.
    some people wait and see if the weight stays the same for 3 days, but ive found that ill lose a little bit each day so i would never log anything that way lol
  • broken_star1134
    broken_star1134 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I agree. Pick a day and log it good or bad. Try to keep the time of the day the same as well. I usually do as soon as I wake up.
  • FatGirlSlim899
    FatGirlSlim899 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday, and then I don't log it, but wait until the Sunday. If the loss has stayed the same and is a 'true' loss so to speak, I'll log it. If i've lost weight since Friday I don't log that, I just wait until the next Friday. It's interesting to see some others don't log gain. I remember first time I was on mfp I logged gains and I found it really de motivating.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh-in on a Monday, but have changed it to a Friday since I let go and relax a bit over the wkd. i do it first thing in the morning as well.

I log regardless of whether its a gain or loss. It's def helped keep me on track!

I am a compulsive weigher though, i weigh every morning and before bed :S To me it works as either encouragement (yay you are still on track!) or motivating (uh-oh got to work a bit harder here)

:wink:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I log whenever the number goes down. :)

If it goes back up after logging, then I just wait for it to go down below the latest lowest number~

Congrats ^o^
  • Sepa
    Sepa Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh in each Monday morning but haven't for about 2 weeks. I think I will start doing it on a Friday so if I have still lost tomorrow morning I shall log. Thanks for all your help :happy:
  • lacf86
    lacf86 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i officially weigh in and log it first thing on a Monday morning. For some bizarre reason, that's my lowest weight of the whole week, even though i tend to eat a massive lunch on Sunday, haha.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I log on Friday mornings. I don't log gains unless they're there 2 weeks in a row. I figure at that point I own it so I may as well claim it.