How to stop late night eating?

Options
2»

Replies

• rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    i need to learn portion control lolll. i cant jsut have one twinkie i love twinkies and cupcakes.
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I've started adding in some treats like a bowl of cereal, a popsicle, or some frozen fruit and cream to my evening snacks at the beginning of the day- that way I can plan the rest of the day accordingly.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options

Yup!

Altho I would edit it to say: It's not WHEN you eat that prevents loss, it's HOW MUCH you eat.
    :flowerforyou:

True! I say "what" because for me, when I tend to eat sweets, I tend to overindulge LOL. OP, you can do what works for you, but don't let people on MFP get you thinking that not eating= losing weight. I personally find the opposite to be true.
  • rita27ny
    Options
    Do you think its ok if i go over say 200 calories?
  • rita27ny
    Options
    in order to lose the weight?
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Options
    i need to learn portion control lolll. i cant jsut have one twinkie i love twinkies and cupcakes.

Then you seriously might want to consider some "what" you eat rules like I use. I am sending you a friend invite so you can see my diary. Browse through it and look at different days and you will see all types of things. I went through a swiss rolls phase. I try to find things that I LOVE that feels indulgent to replace things that I can't exercise control in eating.
  • DesertSunsetRain
    Options
    If you are so hungry that you are having hunger pains, then eat something. If you want to allow some extra calories at night for a special junk food treat, then go for it. It's not going to make you gain weight as long as you are still meeting your goals.

As others have said, it really doesn't matter what time you eat. I have been eating close to my bed time since I started losing weight and I've still been losing weight.

Also, I have NEVER understood the "just go to bed earlier" thing. I don't know how people can just force themselves to fall asleep earlier than normal on top of being hungry. I would lay in bed awake all night for hours if I tried that.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Options
    Do you think its ok if i go over say 200 calories?

I also look at calories as a weekly thing. I am over sometimes and under sometimes, depending on how hungry I am. Our bodies don't work on a 24 hour cycle. MFP just does it for accountability purposes. Hell, I have been 1000 cals over. Commit to exercise and overall moderation. It won't happen fast, but it will happen, and it will be easy to maintain when you do it in a way that doesn't stress you out.
  • rita27ny
    Options
    yes its hard to go to bed hungry. i cant fall asleep i will try he saving calories because i love love having something sweet at least once a day.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

Yup!

Altho I would edit it to say: It's not WHEN you eat that prevents loss, it's HOW MUCH you eat.
    :flowerforyou:

True! I say "what" because for me, when I tend to eat sweets, I tend to overindulge LOL. OP, you can do what works for you, but don't let people on MFP get you thinking that not eating= losing weight. I personally find the opposite to be true.

Ah now I understand what you meant :] Yea I have to avoid some things like Ben and Jerry's or i go crazy!

And yes OP don't let people tell you not eating is the best thing to do. I eat almost every last one of my allowed calories :]
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    yes its hard to go to bed hungry. i cant fall asleep i will try he saving calories because i love love having something sweet at least once a day.

Sounds just like me! I toss and turn all night if i am hungry
  • rita27ny
    Options
    crystal i went over sometimes 1100 or 1200 calories eating the food i love haha
  • rita27ny
    Options
    being serious now with weight loss.