My diet unfriendly wedding lol

Options
kerrilucko
kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
I just have to share! Today I finalized our menu with the caterer for our wedding. We are having a late evening ceremony followed by a dessert reception. It is being catered by a local bakery in the small town I grew up in... we're talking the most delishious baked goods you can imagine. Here's what's being served:

White chocolate mousse cake
carrot cake
Lemon mousse cake
Strawberry cheesecake
Peanut butter pie

(My family is also doing a lot of baking and freezing for the big event. We're doing homemade cookies, tarts, fudge, brownies and squares.)

Also being catered:

Vegetable pesto sandwiches on herb and cheese bread
Vegetable pesto sandwiches on whole grain bread
Vegetable cheddar wraps

(breads are wraps are fresh baked by the bakery and are sooooo good)

AND

Pesto cheddar breadsticks and
cilantro cheddar breadsticks
(my all time fave since I was a kid :laugh: )

We're also having a chocolate fountain with all sorts of dippers (strawberries, fruit, marshmallows and pretzels) and fresh fruit and veggies trays.

Oh and of course our wedding cake, which is very basic vanilla with white fondant.

I'm so excited, is it a bad thing that I want to taste every one of those cakes? :laugh: Leave it to me to plan a wedding that will put at least 10 lbs back onto my backside!:bigsmile: :drinker:

Had to share :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kerrilucko
    Options
    I just have to share! Today I finalized our menu with the caterer for our wedding. We are having a late evening ceremony followed by a dessert reception. It is being catered by a local bakery in the small town I grew up in... we're talking the most delishious baked goods you can imagine. Here's what's being served:

White chocolate mousse cake
    carrot cake
    Lemon mousse cake
    Strawberry cheesecake
    Peanut butter pie

(My family is also doing a lot of baking and freezing for the big event. We're doing homemade cookies, tarts, fudge, brownies and squares.)

Also being catered:

Vegetable pesto sandwiches on herb and cheese bread
    Vegetable pesto sandwiches on whole grain bread
    Vegetable cheddar wraps

(breads are wraps are fresh baked by the bakery and are sooooo good)

AND

Pesto cheddar breadsticks and
    cilantro cheddar breadsticks
    (my all time fave since I was a kid :laugh: )

We're also having a chocolate fountain with all sorts of dippers (strawberries, fruit, marshmallows and pretzels) and fresh fruit and veggies trays.

Oh and of course our wedding cake, which is very basic vanilla with white fondant.

I'm so excited, is it a bad thing that I want to taste every one of those cakes? :laugh: Leave it to me to plan a wedding that will put at least 10 lbs back onto my backside!:bigsmile: :drinker:

Had to share :flowerforyou:
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    omg sounds scrumptious.......dont deprive youreself......do really good til the wedding that way you can splurge on youre special day!
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    be careful.....isn't the most important thing the wedding NIGHT? all that bad stuff after being good for so long.....lead to an unhappy tummy.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    One word.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Seriously, I love the idea of the later ceremony and dessert buffet. It sounds so decadent, and will be such a treat after working your tail off for the most important and special day of your life. Have a great day, and congrats!
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    be careful.....isn't the most important thing the wedding NIGHT? all that bad stuff after being good for so long.....lead to an unhappy tummy.

Haha I know right? I'll be so sick :sick: I don't know if knowing that will stop me though, lol
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Enjoy yourself, but don't over-do it! I agree that on your wedding night you dont wanna be sick! It would be aweful! One bite of each snack will fill you up without making you sick!

Goo djob having your menu done! I havent even started on that yet!
  • TammyWall
    Options
    Mmmmm...sounds yummy!! When did you say we could all expect our invites??! LOL!! Enjoy your special day!! :wink:
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    That all sounds soooooo yummy!
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    Enjoy yourself, but don't over-do it! I agree that on your wedding night you dont wanna be sick! It would be aweful! One bite of each snack will fill you up without making you sick!

Goo djob having your menu done! I havent even started on that yet!

haha, ya I seem to be getting things done WAY early. We're pretty much done everything actually... we planned things early on purpose because we live a whole province away from the venue, lol, so we've been doing most planning on visits home (ie- last summer and over xmas). I'm just finishing up planning now, over the phone mostly. Plus I make my mom do a lot. Poor mom, I gottaw get her a great gift when this is all said and done, lol. Anyways, that's why I'm doing it all so early.
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You won't have time to eat much at your wedding so my best advice is enjoy the tastings. Good luck! How exciting and fun.
  • nytoaz
    nytoaz Posts: 143
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your menu ~ everything sounds delicious!! :smile: Enjoy!!
  • chelseachick
    Options
    it sounds lovely. Don't worry about claories on your wedding day - its a long day - lots of nervous energy - you'll be busy busy busy and you'll burn everyting you eat - have fun - it's a very special day.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    My advice:

Talk to the caterer. Have them make you a doggie bag right off the bat. Take the doggie bag with you and the hubby... Munch on some that evening (you'll need sugar when you take a break:laugh: ) and munch a little more the next day. I would think most of those items would keep overnight in a fridge.

(You will probably find you are so busy entertaining guests at your reception that you won't have time to eat much anyhow.)
  • bugmagnt
    bugmagnt Posts: 150
    Options
    The dessert bar sounds like a wonderful thing! I love it!

Hey, It is your day -- don't worry about what you eat... and like Lauryn said, you probably won't eat too much at the reception. My DH and I ate some, but were busy with guests and everything else too!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    plop plop, fizz fizz, oh what a relief it is!!

dont forget the alka seltzer!!

have fun and enjoy!!!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Love the idea of a dessert bar! Well a dessert ANYTHING! It all sounds really yummy!

p.s. I hope you're gonna have someone manning the choc. fountain...those can be gross if people are double dipping or sticking their fingers under it or something. :sick:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    So when should I start checking my mail for my invitation? :bigsmile: Sounds wonderful to me, enjoy every moment and every bite.
    36_3_28.gif
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Kerri, you can send the lemon mousse cake to me and that will save you lots of calories!:bigsmile: