How do you eat breakfast?

2»

Replies

• NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Smoothee's are pretty easy the way I do them. Blender, hand blender is what I use and all I need, frozen fruits work for me and they keep for a good long time in the freezer, and I buy Yogurt, Vanilla low-fat. Also, I make sure I get the yogurt that has "live cultures" in it. This is sooooooooo good for your tummy:happy: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: So's lots of water, LOL!!! I know, quit laughing and drink:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    amen Jess, break.........fast! We "fast" all night and we need nutrition/fuel!!! SHOW ME THE BREAKFAST:laugh:

Show me the breakfast! :laugh: Love it! That's me too, I have to eat w/in an hour of getting up or watch out! :noway:
  • NWCountryGal
    amennnnnnnn!!! I love your bunny photo and, such great advice! Also, you drink soy milk, woooooohooo!!! It is so good! Congrats on your weightloss:happy: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: denise in OR

Start small. I found once I starting eating SOMETHING in the morning (even just a yogurt or a peice of fruit) I starting waking up wanting something that early. It's a good idea because it balances out your calorie intake. Try just a slice of toast or a yogurt with a few berries. It'll get you into it and then you can up it to a more balanced meal.

I agree with Kerri.
    I HATED eating breakfast, loathed it... it made me want to throw up.
    When I wanted to lose baby weight a football player told me to eat (one of my huge issues is NOT eating).... He told me to have a BIG breakfast (about 400 calories worth)... it KILLED me...BUT I lost the 30 lbs I had gained from my kiddo.

Now-a-days... I eat a smaller breakfast (at 7:30ish) usually.... Shredded mini-wheats (I love them) + soy milk.... then I TRY to wedge in a snack around 9:45ish (Fiber one bars are usually on hand)....

It's all about trial and error.... what works and what wont. Breakfast is important though, mainly because your body while sleeping is still working and your calorie supply is way down. If that makes sense (it did in my head).
  • NWCountryGal
    Yeah, those Raptors on Jurrasic Park ain't got nuttin on us. :laugh: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

denise in OR
    amen Jess, break.........fast! We "fast" all night and we need nutrition/fuel!!! SHOW ME THE BREAKFAST:laugh:

Show me the breakfast! :laugh: Love it! That's me too, I have to eat w/in an hour of getting up or watch out! :noway:
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    The best description I've heard is that eating breakfast is like putting kindling on the fire...it starts your metabolism burning calories. I'm told the best breakfast is one that is hearty and healthy, with minimal (if any) fat. My morning habit is a small bowl of healthy cereal with cut up fruit (strawberries, bananas, peaches, blueberries, etc.) and skim milk. Oh, and a large glass of water! If I eat at 6:30am, my stomach is growling by 10!

Good luck!
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    I have several mini breakfasts along the way in the morning. First coffee w/ lots of milk at 530, then hard boiled egg plus 1 white at 730, then oatmeal at 930, finally almonds or yogurt at 11 before my workout!
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    I have several mini breakfasts along the way in the morning. First coffee w/ lots of milk at 530, then hard boiled egg plus 1 white at 730, then oatmeal at 930, finally almonds or yogurt at 11 before my workout!
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    I eat either a Detour bar or 3 thick slice of lean turkey and 1 packet of oatmeal.

Your body is in a catobolic state in the morning and you need fuel in the morning to get your metabolism going.

I know there are some more educated people on here than me about the subject but I have read that muscle breakdown occurs when you are in a catobolic state.
  • Breakfast is a must to lose weight. One big mistake people make is not eating enough! 6 meals/snacks a day and lots of water. This shouldn't be considered a diet but a healthy way to live. Excersise if also very important. Whatever you can do but from what i understand 70% of wieght loss comes from your diet. The right foods are important too of course.
    Diets don't work....Change for life to have a healthy, exciting life ahead.
    :happy: :smile: :wink:
    You can do it!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    good one to push to to the top for the morning!

thbump2.gif
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Eating breakfast on weekdays is easier for me I have high fiber oatmeal and slimfast shake. that holds me over until Lunch time if I don't eat breakfast I will be so hungry i wont make a good choice for lunch now on weekends its hard for me to get breakfast because i sleep a little later since I dont have work and it messes with my routine but on weekdays I am up at 6am and around 8-8:30 I eat my breakfast. I have never been a breakfast person but I realized its very important. I actually realized I am more thirsty rather than hungry and I always drink 2 cups of water first. Im not always hungry in the morning I just make a routine to eat breakfast
This discussion has been closed.