1 Pound

Options
I weighed myself this morning before working out and I was 143lb. When I got back from working out my scale said 144lb. Is there a reason why I would weight a pound more when I didn't eat? Could be because of water?

Replies

• candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself this morning before working out and I was 143lb. When I got back from working out my scale said 144lb. Is there a reason why I would weight a pound more when I didn't eat? Could be because of water?
  • jsmccloy
    jsmccloy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Certainly! You've probably heard the expression "A pint's a pound the world round". Two cups of water is 16 fluid ounces, and also weighs 16 ounces, or 1 pound. Also, if your scale round to the nearest pound you may have been 143.4 beforehand, but the water you drank pushed you over the mark to 143.5, which would round to 144.
  • jord232002
    jord232002 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Your muscles retain water, especially after being used. No need to worry!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Just water I always weigh 1-2lbs more after a workout...usually takes 1-2 days to show a decrease
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

It could be water, but it is also because of working out. We used to tell people when I worked at Curves to weigh yourself BEFORE working out, since afterwards would show a gain.
  • pamtea
    Options
    Yes, definitely water can affect your weight and that's mostly the reason for your weight fluctuation throughout the day. That's why it's best to only weigh yourself once a day and weigh in the morning.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    you're weight will fluctuate 1-3 pounds throughout the day which is why its recommended not to weight yourself more than once a day. anything can change the number on your scale:

food
    water
    clothes
    shoes (nike shox add 2 pounds to my weight!!!)