Super Bowl Weight Gain!

Options
I can assure you that SuperBowl needs to be added to the list of celebrations where weight gain comes into play! I had homemade, probably 6 potato skins with sour cream and although yummy...when I entered them into my calorie counter....it was over 1,000 calories! I had no idea I was eating that much...plus I had a couple beers and dessert. I don't do this often...but when a celebration comes, I feel like I shouldn't have to stand by and not eat. Next time...I'll try and find something a little healthier...at least I exercised today and have gotten back on track with my regular calorie intake! Hope the rest of you were able to withstand the temptations!

Replies

• 22togo
    Options
    I can assure you that SuperBowl needs to be added to the list of celebrations where weight gain comes into play! I had homemade, probably 6 potato skins with sour cream and although yummy...when I entered them into my calorie counter....it was over 1,000 calories! I had no idea I was eating that much...plus I had a couple beers and dessert. I don't do this often...but when a celebration comes, I feel like I shouldn't have to stand by and not eat. Next time...I'll try and find something a little healthier...at least I exercised today and have gotten back on track with my regular calorie intake! Hope the rest of you were able to withstand the temptations!
  • thury
    thury Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yeah I know how sneaky some of that stuff can be. Luckily this year I played the host so everyone had to eat somewhat healthy. I came up with a bunch of cool healthy little snack and never heard one complaint.
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    i considered it my free day haha.:laugh:
    I bought sugar snap peas to the party but was quickly lured into the cheesy pizza
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    UGH Chili, Corn Muffins , Cheese Crackers of course there was fruit but - I opted for the Cheese - and chips ugh :sick:
  • vicmartinez05
    Options
    Ohhhh Yea
    Freshly made chicken wings and Fajita Nachos!!!!!!! :drinker:

I AM SICK NOW LOL :sad:
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    I wish there was a reset button.....
  • IUChelle423
    Options
    I kicked my butt in a long work out BEFORE in anticipation of my lack of will power. It was nice knowing I didn't have to just stare at the desserts!
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I ran eight miles yesterday morning so I had a lot of extra calories for the occasion!
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh the beer alone was 600 plus calories..I entered it like a good little girl and said holy **** batman afterwards.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I entered it all too like a good soilder!! I did make the sparkpeople alternatives, but made several:laugh: but, better than I've done in the past!!
  • BubiBBubillion
    Options
    I gained 5 lbs from one day to the next because of all the junk I ate during the Superbowl.
  • amberca1
    Options
    I binged big time! I gained 4.5 lbs overnight !!!!!!!! Yesterday I ate:

2 eggs and toast (this was breakfast- the rest was binge-city)

At least 40 Tortilla Chips and Bean Dip
    About 5 handfuls of Kettle Corn
    A huge plate of Dim Sum (chinese dumplings)
    A bowl of Chinese Porridge (jook)
    Fried Scallops (i dont even like scallops)
    A sugar cookie
    A brownie
    A bowl of ice cream
    A bowl of chili with lots of cheese
    3 corona's
    2 clamato's
    Yuck- what a mix of yuck. This is the lovely assortment of junk my superbowl guests brought to my house. If its in the house I can't help but eat it. This food doesn't even go together and makes me sick just thinking about it.
    It was sooo not worth it.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I splurged, too, but walked before the game. Since I've been here it seems I pay more attention to what I eat. I know I ate less than I usually would.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I couldnt bring myself to eat one bit of junk food...I felt too guilty even thinking about it and then I thought to myself how hard it was to lose the last 5 pounds....I wonder what vegans have on superbowl day....and if its any better..
  • 22togo
    Options
    You'll have to list your healthy alternatives...because maybe I can do a better job next time!
  • kfogarty38
    Options
    I hosted so I bought deli meat like roast beef and turkey, wheat rolls, black olives, pickles, whole wheat chips and for the splurge I made some homemade quacamole. I gained 4lbs. (mostly water weight) because after one hour of high impact step aerobics I was down 6lbs. the next day!:flowerforyou: