Anyone done/doing the Advocare line?

Options
13»

Replies

• MacNChz16
    MacNChz16 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Catalyst is simply an amino acid blend in a very minimal dosage. Look up the nutritional content. I order a BCAA amino blend from a supplement company online that costs me $50. It has 7,000mg BCAAs per serving, and 90 servings per bottle. The Catalyst product from Advocare only has 900mg per serving and 30 servings per bottle at a $31.50 price, making it right at 15x more expensive for essentially the exact same product. So, you would have to pay $750 to get the same amount of product that costs me $50.

Their OmegaPlex product is the same way. It is just Fish Oil. To get the equivalent amount of EPA and DHA that I can get in a $20 bottle, you'd have to spend $120.

Advocare is very good at marketing and selling a product to un-informed people. Nothing they sell is special...and it is ridiculously overpriced.

Would love to know the brand/name as I am looking to finish my Advocare and switch to something a little less expensive.
  • megs342
    megs342 Posts: 1
    Options
    I think that the Max Phase is a waste of money. I haven't loss any weight on the Max Phase. The 10 day cleanse was well worth the money. I have been dieting and exercising for 5 months and every day the scale would be down at least .01-.03 pounds. Since the max phase, my weight has remained the same with the exception of being up one day. It's aggravating to know that before this challenge I was able to steadily lose weight. Now I have to take all these pills (which I'm not to keen on) and it hasn't accelerated my weight loss at all. I've spent hours at the gym working on various muscle groups. I don't think that I am gaining muscle that quickly that the scale is weighing in muscle.
  • LolaKarwowski
    LolaKarwowski Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I would look DEEP into Advocare, I mean do some intense research, before getting involved with them. Like others have said.. it's pretty much a pyramid scheme.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Advocare is a pyramid scheme. Nothing they have is anything different than what you can buy at Walmart. They have a placebo effect. Of course you're going to lose weight on the 24 day challenge- it's making you work out and eat more healthy! That's how most normal people lose weight. I have a friend that is a pro MMA fighter and she actually just posted an article about Advocare and all the crap they pull. It has a LOT of reference links for anyone interested.

http://advocare.pissedconsumer.com/advocare-what-they-don-t-want-you-to-know-20110629245985.html

True that. Unfortunately, most people don't care.
    Yep!

Or they are too stupid to realize this. :glasses:

ETA: spelling.
  • 55044TeamJoy
    55044TeamJoy Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Fact: Every NFL team is supplied by Advocare. The Pros use it, not the stuff you get from Walmart.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Fact: you lose weight from a calorie deficit.

Source:SCIENCE
  • 55044TeamJoy
    55044TeamJoy Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    They offer more than weight loss products.

re (caloric deficit): Not arguing that. But what, rather than how much you eat definitely impacts your body's efficiency to perform.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Fact: Every NFL team is supplied by Advocare. The Pros use it, not the stuff you get from Walmart.

Fact: Just because the NFL inked an advertising deal with Advocare does not mean it's a worthwhile product.

Rigger
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    They offer more than weight loss products.

re (caloric deficit): Not arguing that. But what, rather than how much you eat definitely impacts your body's efficiency to perform.

Which I can achieve by eating a balanced diet and not shelling out money on a MLM scheme.

If YOU enjoy. throwing money into a blender. Make it rain!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Fact: I passed two people wearing (or advertising) Advocare junk at my last half marathon.

Also, I'm pretty sure Dan Marino doesn't wear Isotoner gloves.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Oh this takes me back! Some friends and I got on Advocare back in the 90's (like 96/97)...we all signed up and sold the products to each other. I'm sure they've changed some stuff but basically it's just a bunch of appetite suppressants. Which definitely work if you are hungry and don't like healthy/low-calorie food. But, they do (did) make you real jittery and nauseated and aren't any better or different in that regard than anything else you can get at the store.

Also the company itself is, as others have noted, a pyramid scheme which is hurtful to people whom they manage to lure into it. Business with good products do not have to get sales by tricking people into tricking other people into tricking other people into selling.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    It's been 3 years since OP posted.......wonder how she fared? :wink: