Love handles and back fat:(

Options
love handles and back fat I hate you:( you jiggle you hang over my belt you embarrass me.. However!!!!! you will not win the war:0 i am going to lose you!!!! plus stretch marks your just as bad if not worse. anyone with me? is there an exercise especially for losing these areas??

Replies

• ksandy1224
    ksandy1224 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Pilates, either Mat or Reformer. And not just for those areas, doing Pilates strengthens your core most importantly, but you will also become tone from head to toe.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    love handles and back fat I hate you:( you jiggle you hang over my belt you embarrass me.. However!!!!! you will not win the war:0 i am going to lose you!!!! plus stretch marks your just as bad if not worse. anyone with me? is there an exercise especially for losing these areas??

OMG, you took the words out my mouth!

Are you also an apple shape? I never understood how people "heavier" than me could be slimmer, but my shape is against me.

I'd love to hear how to get rid of nasty back fat. I had a fat back even when i was at my lowest weight!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You technically can't spot train but it never hurts to build up the strength in your core and upper back! Planks, rows, bridges, deadlifts, push-ups, sit-ups...
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Not sure about what really works but what I have done and those are the first places I lost size is a lot of toning. I mean a LOT of toning.
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options

Eat within your calorie goal + weight lifting = win
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I so hate stretch marks. Everything seems good except for it & also mu stubborn fat in my lower abs. As for exercise unfortunately we can't spot reduce one area. Cardio + strength training especially focused to tone core muscles such as pushups, planks, bicycle crunch, sit-ups, hanging leg raises & pilates.
  • butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    jillian michaels ripped in 30...OMG!! SHE KICKS YOUR *kitten*!!
  • kseltzer
    kseltzer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    For me, Ripped in 30 worked to get rid of back fat and love handles. It also gave me some sweet looking arms and shoulders. I even had a random woman at a beer tent (this summer while I was wearing a tank top) tell me she loved my biceps...Okay, it was a kind of awkward compliment, but still a compliment!
  • tbloor
    tbloor Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Side planks and side planks with hip dips are good! Also sit, recline slightly, bend your knees, then rotate from side to side and touch the floor on either side of you. Make sure you keep your back straight and belly button tucked into your spine. If you want to bring it up a notch, lift one foot and do 12 reps, then lift the other and do 12.
  • kmaclpn
    kmaclpn Posts: 59 Member
    Options

OMG, you took the words out my mouth!

Are you also an apple shape? I never understood how people "heavier" than me could be slimmer, but my shape is against me.

I'd love to hear how to get rid of nasty back fat. I had a fat back even when i was at my lowest weight!

I'm Pear shaped sadly:( Its terrible I never feel comfortable in my own skin, even when i workout and Finnish and feel tight for an hour haha those areas never feel tightened if anything the feel flubbier!!1
  • kmaclpn
    kmaclpn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    jillian michaels ripped in 30...OMG!! SHE KICKS YOUR *kitten*!!

I'm doing the 30 DS right now and Jillian Michaels is Kicking my *kitten* haha
  • Jess22542
    Options
    Try the windmill exercise
    http://www.ultimatebodypress.com/intermediate-windmill.html

it always gets that area sore for me. Start without weights and add weight over time. But really, everything is about total body work outs. A mix of strength training, low intensity cardio, and high intensity cardio will fix everything. I have seen a lot of great results from interval running (varying speeds for 30-60 seconds at a time). Try a wide range of speeds. It zaps fat pockets.

P90X was amazing for me. I was already running a lot. I lost another 20+ pounds during the program and finally toned by stomach and other problem areas.
  • lauramacwhite
    Options
    That is exactly my problem areas! And my hips of course!
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    love handles dont bother me so much as back fat. back fat just aint right.
  • butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    stay with it..i had stop for a week cause my body needs a rest..but i love how its makes me feel:bigsmile:
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    My back fat went away as I went through my workout programs and lose weight. I don't think you can really target it so one day when you look in the mirror it will just be gone :)