Depression,looking for friends

ambie35
ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
I have always been very prone to depression. Usually I will get depressed in the winter,but I also suffered from childhood depression for many years. The thing was in the past I could deal with it because when I thought about there was no root cause for my depression,I was just sad.
Right now I am in another funk.But Im having more trouble coming out of it as there is many root causes for once. It seems I am turning to food to help me feel better,and not finding the motivation to exercise-which I know would help me feel better. I am looking for others who have delt with this dark passenger so that we might be able to help each other see some brighter days in dark times.

Replies

• Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    I have a group created in the groups section where people who have mental health issues can get together to discuss things and offer each other support and advice.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/106-mental-health-issues

Feel free to drop by and check it out.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Please check out Thomas's group...I don't like to talk about my depression in such a public forum. But you are not alone.
  • ambie35
    Thomas's post came up after.
  • ambie35
    Also a note for anyone viewing this,I wasn't implying a discussion to ensue afterwards. Just hoping for a few friends requests or perhaps an inbox.
  • Hello, I too suffer from depression and have done for ten years.
    I also have an eating disorder which is sort of linked.
This discussion has been closed.