Motivated Mommas Week 8 (closed group)

Options
Ok ladies, here it is, our final week's challenge. Let's give it all we got and finish strong together!!!!

19 Points + 9 Bonus for a total of 28 Possible Points.

Cardio - 6 points
Back to Basics ladies! Let's do jumping jacks every day. The are a fantastic way to boost your heart rate and get your blood pumping before your regular workout. The challenge is to incorporate 50 jumping jacks into your daily routine every single day! These can be done all at once or broken up throughout the day. 50 JJ/day = 1 point/day

Strength - 6 points + 3 bonus
Lets get those tummys in shape!!!
Part 1- Abs challenge (similar to the miles challenge) Set yourself a goal for the amount of crunches you can do for the week. You get 3 bonus points for meeting this goal. For example, Im going to set my goal at 700(100 a day).
Part 2- Do your favorite ab workouts every day this week. Mix it up or just pick one in addition to the crunches. 1 point per day.

Food/Nutrition - 6 points + 6 bonus
One point for each day, and a bonus point for everyday you stop eating at 7:30pm

Thursday
Nutrition - Under calories

Friday
Nutrition - Under Fat

Saturday
Nutrition - Under Sodium

Sunday
Nutrition - Under Carbs

Monday

Tuesday
Nutrition - Under Fat

Emotional - 1 points
What's yoru next mini-goal? I'm not talking about the big "I wanna lose 500lbs" type of goal, but the little markers we all give or selves that keep us motivated. Do you focus on the next 10lbs, droping another pant size or fitting into your skinny jeans? What's the thing that you've got set in your sights right now?

Replies

• ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the challenge Lynda. I definitely need the ab work!

My goal for the week is 1200 crunches (6 x 200 per day).

Emotional: my goal is 13 lbs. away so I am focusing on that, but I'm also striving to get down in smaller sized clothing. I have one pair of pants in size 8, but I'd love to be in all single digit clothes :)
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    My goal is 100 regular crunches and 50 reverse crunches per day (cuz I need to work on that baby pooch!) for a total of 900 crunches this week. Phew! feel the burn baby!
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Awesome challenge.. I just needed those crunches, but we need to do reverse crunches as well now..lol.. my goal is 80 crunches and 30 reverse crunches per day...

I better do the emotional challenge now itself otherwise, I will forget i...hehe

My short time goal is to get rid off 150s very soon, I am sure I will lose few inches off my waist by then.... I have really trying hard to do this for quite sometime now. I didn't really know that getting off these few pounds of weight is that hard... But yes my first goal is to get to 140s soon....
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Also, I wanted share something here.. The other day I was reading a book called fat flushing or something in the library, and the author was giving her plan to lose those extra pounds. She was referring to the sun salutation which we do in yoga, she recommends doing 5 mins of those daily to boost our energy as well best for our waistline. It is recommended to do it in the morning, but we can do it any time of the day but not before going to bed as we may not be able to sleep in the night There are 12 different postures given or we have the half version as well for those who cannot do all the postures.

So I am going to keep this as my goal for this week as well...
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    OK for the crunches, Im gonna do 75 regular crunches and 75 reverse crunches, 150 a day, 900 for the week. Man im gonna be hurting so bad come Wednesday but I really gotta get my tummy in shape! Ive been complaining for 2 weeks now that If my top half looked as good as my bottom half I would be one happy lady!!!
  • bella_babe_86
    Options

Cardio - 6 points(1/6pts done)
    Back to Basics ladies! Let's do jumping jacks every day. The are a fantastic way to boost your heart rate and get your blood pumping before your regular workout. The challenge is to incorporate 50 jumping jacks into your daily routine every single day! These can be done all at once or broken up throughout the day. 50 JJ/day = 1 point/day

Lets get those tummys in shape!!! (1/6pts done)(150/900 done)
    Part 1- Abs challenge (similar to the miles challenge) Set yourself a goal for the amount of crunches you can do for the week. You get 3 bonus points for meeting this goal. For example, Im going to set my goal at 700(100 a day).
    Part 2- Do your favorite ab workouts every day this week. Mix it up or just pick one in addition to the crunches. 1 point per day.

One point for each day, and a bonus point for everyday you stop eating at 7:30pm

Thursday
    Nutrition - Under calories (done)

Friday
    Nutrition - Under Fat

Saturday
    Nutrition - Under Sodium

Sunday
    Nutrition - Under Carbs

Monday

Tuesday
    Nutrition - Under Fat

Emotional - 1 points (1/1)
    What's yoru next mini-goal? I'm not talking about the big "I wanna lose 500lbs" type of goal, but the little markers we all give or selves that keep us motivated. Do you focus on the next 10lbs, droping another pant size or fitting into your skinny jeans? What's the thing that you've got set in your sights right now?

My next mini goal is 40 lbs, as of right now I've lost 25 so I have 15 lbs to go. But on a smaller note, I would really like to fit comfortably into a size 16 pair of jeans and to be able to buy a really cute pair of shin or knee high boots for winter that dont have to lace up because my calves are so fat...im getting there quickly!!

4 points today for jumping jacks, ab workout, food and emotional.
    OK just a side note, remember the first challenge of shamu?? We had to do jumping jacks and they were SOOOOO hard...I flew through these like they were nothing...Take that jumping jacks!!!!:laugh:
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options

OK just a side note, remember the first challenge of shamu?? We had to do jumping jacks and they were SOOOOO hard...I flew through these like they were nothing...Take that jumping jacks!!!!:laugh:

Love this! lol! I forgot about the SAHMU JJ challenge. Sorry for the duplication, clearly I lacked imagination this week :embarassed: But so happy that you flew through them today. I love that feeling when you recognize that you are capable of doing more and recovering faster than you used to. Great job!:drinker:
  • bella_babe_86
    Options

Love this! lol! I forgot about the SAHMU JJ challenge. Sorry for the duplication, clearly I lacked imagination this week :embarassed: But so happy that you flew through them today. I love that feeling when you recognize that you are capable of doing more and recovering faster than you used to. Great job!:drinker:

I actually enjoy doing challenges over again, it really makes me realize how far i've come! Feeling pretty dang empowered today all because of this challenge!!! Thanks girl!:flowerforyou:
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Awesome challenge this week! I am going to set my goal for crunches at 600 =D
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Thursday's Info:

Cardio - 6 points (1/6 points)

Lets get those tummys in shape!!! (1/6 points)
    Part 1- Abs challenge (similar to the miles challenge) Set yourself a goal for the amount of crunches you can do for the week. You get 3 bonus points for meeting this goal. My goal is 1200 crunches. (200/1200 crunches)
    Part 2- Do your favorite ab workouts every day this week. Mix it up or just pick one in addition to the crunches. My goal is 100 reverse crunches daily. Completed today.

Thursday
    Nutrition - Under calories (1/1 points)

Friday
    Nutrition - Under Fat

Saturday
    Nutrition - Under Sodium

Sunday
    Nutrition - Under Carbs

Monday

Tuesday
    Nutrition - Under Fat

Emotional - 1/1 point

Thursday Total Points: 4 points (1 for cardio, 1 for strength, 1 for food, 1 for emotional)
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Also, I wanted share something here.. The other day I was reading a book called fat flushing or something in the library, and the author was giving her plan to lose those extra pounds. She was referring to the sun salutation which we do in yoga, she recommends doing 5 mins of those daily to boost our energy as well best for our waistline. It is recommended to do it in the morning, but we can do it any time of the day but not before going to bed as we may not be able to sleep in the night There are 12 different postures given or we have the half version as well for those who cannot do all the postures.

So I am going to keep this as my goal for this week as well...

Yoga is so amazing for strength, balance, and peace of mind! I absolutely love it!
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    ok ladies..I am back on track today... However, i couldnt workout in the morning, but managed to get in 45 mins of abs and strength in..

Food- 1 point (I dont think I can stop eating after 7:30, cuz usually over dinner is after 8.. :-( but will try)
    Strength- crunches and reverse crunches completed, abs workout for 35 mins- 1 point
    Jumping jacks- done at single stretch ..yay.. i was surprised in fact...lol
    Emotional- done- 1 point

Total of 4 points today..
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    Some FYI re: getting rid of that "baby belly" and increasing abdominal strength; crunches do help but they are not the "end all" answer; I have found cross training with yoga, pilates, and a variety of core exercises to give me the best results.

I found some information on the web that is interesting/ food for thought but as with all information on the web, take it with a grain of salt:

Crunches are not the way to go=
    http://fatburningtips4women.com/crunches-are-not-the-way-to-go/

Basic Exercises for Increased Core Strength=
    http://fatburningtips4women.com/basic-exercises-for-increased-core-strength/

Pilates is also really important and actually enhances your core strength to incredible dregree... Pilates is a movement therapy that uses a method of physical exercise to strengthen and build control of muscles, especially those used for posture. Awareness of breathing and precise control of movements are integral components of Pilates.
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    Thanks for posting the challenge Lynda. I definitely need the ab work!

My goal for the week is 1200 crunches (6 x 200 per day).

Emotional: my goal is 13 lbs. away so I am focusing on that, but I'm also striving to get down in smaller sized clothing. I have one pair of pants in size 8, but I'd love to be in all single digit clothes :)

I'm going to borrow your ab goal... I thought at first "there's no way I could do it" and that cemented it; my ab goal = 1200 :wink:
  • amyelizbradley
    Options
    Here is to Thursday! And a really good week ahead... :wink:

THU. 11/10/11
    CARDIO (1/6)
    50 JJ/day = yes

STRENGTH (1/6) + (0/3 bonus)
    Part 1 Ab goal/ week = 50 /1200
    Part 2 Fave ab workout every day = planks

FOOD/ NUTRITION (1/6) + (1/6 bonus)
    Under calories? yes

Stop eating at 730pm? barely (yes)

EMOTIONAL (1/1)
    Mini Goal? to gain more control over my emotional eating
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Some FYI re: getting rid of that "baby belly" and increasing abdominal strength; crunches do help but they are not the "end all" answer; I have found cross training with yoga, pilates, and a variety of core exercises to give me the best results.

I found some information on the web that is interesting/ food for thought but as with all information on the web, take it with a grain of salt:

Crunches are not the way to go=
    http://fatburningtips4women.com/crunches-are-not-the-way-to-go/

Basic Exercises for Increased Core Strength=
    http://fatburningtips4women.com/basic-exercises-for-increased-core-strength/

Pilates is also really important and actually enhances your core strength to incredible dregree... Pilates is a movement therapy that uses a method of physical exercise to strengthen and build control of muscles, especially those used for posture. Awareness of breathing and precise control of movements are integral components of Pilates.

I certainly agree with you Amy.. Nice articles..thanks for sharing.. :-)

I found this article when I was reading sometime back on belly fat

http://exercisestolosebellyfat.biz/

-Renu
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Everyone, where has our motivated mommas signature gone?

I am not able to see it .. :-(
  • bella_babe_86
    Options

Looks like MFP removed the signature option all together, all you can use is the tickers that they supply...sad I really liked that signature :sad:
  • renubhat_82
    Options

Looks like MFP removed the signature option all together, all you can use is the tickers that they supply...sad I really liked that signature :sad:

So sad.. Why did they have to remove it? :sad: I too liked it although I am not a momma yet..lol..
  • renubhat_82
    Options
    Done with my crunches and reverse crunches plus the ab exercises...