chest pains?

So I have started running the past two days (Well, attempting to run) and found something really strange. Yesterday I ran, but could only do so for about 2 minutes before my chest starting hurting. I stopped running and walked the rest of the way figuring I'm just not used to it and it was probably the cold. Well today I tried again, and I was only able to run about 1 minute when I got the same chest pain and it isn't even cold out. Any thoughts? Is it something that will just go away as I get in shape, or could there be something wrong?

Replies

• BGabbart
    BGabbart Posts: 173 Member
    please check with your dr.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    Agree. Go see a doctor ASAP.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Corig22
    Corig22 Posts: 31 Member
    chest pain = check in with your dr. Always. Don't mess around with it. It could be that you are out of shape or something more serious. Your doctor will do a series of tests including a stress test to figure out what is going on. Please, Please see your doctor.
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    chest pain = check in with your dr. Always. Don't mess around with it. It could be that you are out of shape or something more serious. Your doctor will do a series of tests including a stress test to figure out what is going on. Please, Please see your doctor.

This^
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 266 Member
    well I see where you guys are coming from, but I HATE doctors lol and it only comes when I'm running, is it still necessary to call him?
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    well I see where you guys are coming from, but I HATE doctors lol and it only comes when I'm running, is it still necessary to call him?

Rather safe than sorry
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    what kind of pain do you have?
    I ask because I get the same thing when I start running, but then it goes away after about 15 minutes. Mine is more of a muscle kind of pain. Is yours like that, or is it sharp?
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member

Yes. Don't ignore this please.
  • tifftaffy
    tifftaffy Posts: 141 Member

Please see a doctor- it's much better to be safe than sorry.
  • betzeross
    betzeross Posts: 161 Member
    I agree with everyone - go to your doctor.
    You should let him know your exercise routine anyway.
    Best wishes! :heart:
  • jagar07
    what kind of pain do you have?
    I ask because I get the same thing when I start running, but then it goes away after about 15 minutes. Mine is more of a muscle kind of pain. Is yours like that, or is it sharp?
    it's not sharp, it actually feels more like it could be the lungs trying tying to keep up with me since I am not used to it
  • jagar07
    I agree with everyone - go to your doctor.
    You should let him know your exercise routine anyway.
    Best wishes! :heart:

that is true.....