Weider X-Factor:ST? Anyone tried it?

Options
My first post besides my introduction.

I recently found MFP and have spent the better part of the last 24hrs lurking. Great site with lots of excellent info.

So I'm out of shape and overweight. I'm 5'10, 208lbs. I have noticed that my QOL is going downhill quickly and I'm going to change that trend. I'm counting calories and have started the X-Factor:ST. Since I'm a couch potato the first two workouts have kicked my tail, but I have not intentions of quitting. Has anyone else heard of this program, or even tried it?

TIA,
Cam

Replies

• merrick7871
    Options
    Never heard of it, fill me in. My goal is to lose 50 pounds, if I ever meet that goal, I will go from there. I am always looking for different exercises and programs to try to keep it interesting.
  • camzilla72
    Options
    I have to break it up into smaller goals (hence the 8lb goal). Ultimately I'm working towards about 25ish, but I'm part of the instant gratification generation. 8 is achievable for me in a short (6wk) timeframe. Even if I blow it by a week, I'll still be motivated to keep pushing. Good luck in your journey, I"ll be posting the results of the program as time goes on.

In essence the program is 8 weeks, three workouts a week and three days of your choice of med intensity cardio, with the obligatory day off. There are 8 dvd's, one for each week, as well as four bonus dvd's which are are focused (abs, glutes, yoga, full body).
    The program does not use any weights as it is body weight driven. Each workout is about 30mins in duration plus additional time for wu/cd. I am on week one and really enjoying it. I was on a fitness video forum and the reviews were good. It's reasonably priced and available in most of the standard stores. If you want any specifics, let me know.
  • ericborchert
    ericborchert Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Cam,

How did you come out on using Xfactor:st? I have just started week 4 and yes that first day of each week seems to give me a good kick. I have seen moderate results and hope that the last 4 weeks will really help me get better toned.

Thanks
    Eric
  • ChanceBrave
    Options
    When do u start seeing results ??
    Wich week , and how many times a day should
    I work out with xfactor st ???!
  • buckslayer85
    buckslayer85 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am doing it right now got from walmart. $29.99 and comes with pushup handles and 12 dvds. I have done only 1st week . I just got done with supreme 90 day. And after x factor I have p90x waiting for me .
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of disc 1 today.....I can tell my glutes and hamstrings are gonna be pissed at me tomorrow.
    That should make the treadmill lots of fun.
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I have the set, haven't tried it yet.

I think that it has very good body weight exercises which is a good starting point for someone just starting out, or don't have much strength, not in shape etc...

I also like it bcos its shorter(45 min incl. warmup and cool down), instructor is very motivating, the guys in the video look a little less intimidating than say P90X or Supreme 90 etc. It also allows us to do our on cardio or some of the bonus DVDs which includes yoga/stretch as well.
  • mb1127
    mb1127 Posts: 36
    Options
    I use it and really like it. When I first started to lose weight about a year ago and was totally out of shape I did week 1 for a few weeks until I felt confident moving forward and gradually progressed. They also show you how to modify moves so you're doing exercises at your level. I thought the workouts seemed easy- but then I was so soar after so decided to do it at my own pace. I've plateued in my weight loss and am using it again. I'm on week 3 right now and lost all ten of my holiday weight gain. It just seems so much more realistic than insanity and those other DVDs and much more affordable. For 30 bucks for so many dvd's,its a good deal. Best of luck! Give it a go! feel free to add me
  • mattwb72
    Options
    Just finished the 8 wks. I would say it's in between the Power 90 and P90X. It alternates between 3 times a week and 4 times a week with the 4 times a week generally being a little less intense. It's an all over workout that lasts 30-40 min. but doesn't focus on one area like P90X. There's some cardio exercises in each workout with a real focus on core strength. As a guy, I wish there was more emphasis on chest, arms, shoulders, etc. Women might like this one though since there is a big emphasis on thighs, glutes, and abs. The trainer is fine and the other "workout buddies" are fine too with the exception of Lauren (I think). She's incredibly fit, but always has a fake smile plastered on her face like she's down a few dozen I.Q. pts. She just annoyed me personally.

A couple of specific critiques: First, the workouts are not based on reps., but based on time, 30, 45 or 90 sec. with fewer 30 sec. later in the weeks. This is fine, but I really liked the recording of reps like in P90X so you can shoot for a specific goal and track progress. There is also no real stretching before the workouts. Some people were annoyed that the warm-up and cool-down are the same for all weeks. I didn't mind this, as it lets you turn off your brain while you get into it or ramp down. The thing that bugged me the most by far was the way the 60 sec. water breaks are handled. You have to push pause and time them yourself! This is asinine. Fine, you don't want to pay for the 60 sec. of production with the trainer or you want to cut to set up the next set of exercises, I get it. But at least put up a 60 sec. graphic!! That would have cost them nothing. It may sound like a stupid little thing but after 8 wks it's infuriating.

There is lots of variety in the workouts and the 30-40 min. worked great for my schedule. Overall, I would say if you are starting out, or afraid of P90X, Insanity, etc. right away, or if you just want to maintain where you are, or if you want to focus on your core, butt, legs, etc. this is definitely worth the relatively low cost.