Any recipe ideas?

Options
I am in need of some Gluten free, low calorie recipes. I have Celiac Disease and therefore unable to eat any thing with gluten in it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    check out skinnytaste.com

great recipes and she has some gluten free
  • AllisonMart
    AllisonMart Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    This is my fav site for GF recipes: http://allrecipes.com/recipes/healthy-recipes/gluten-free/main.aspx

There's also a ton of info out there for GF eating, so much that it's overwhelming. I joined my local Celiac Sprue support group, and they forward all the promotions and stuff directly to me. Check out Living Without, there's a lot of good info there too.

You're better off not trying to substitute with things like gluten-free breads and pastas. They make good treats, but I don't recommend eating them all the time. They are expensive and tend to be higher in fats and sugars. Instead, focus on things that are naturally GF, like whole meat and veggies, and you'll find it a lot easier (and cheaper). When you start thinking about things that are naturally GF, you'll find there's a whole lot out there you can eat.