Would This Be Weird?

hush7hush
hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
edited October 5 in Fitness and Exercise
Okay. So. Back story: saw a girl at the gym today. She had, hands down, the most toned legs I've ever seen in my life. I then saw her in the locker room, as we were both leaving at the same time.

I wanted SOOOO bad to ask her what her routine was, because I strive to have legs like hers.

Would that have been weird?

How would you react if a stranger told you that they wanted to get a specific body part like yours, then asked for advice? Would it be weird/creepy? Would be flattered?

End of story: didn't ask her. And she almost hit me with her car when I was walking through the parking lot. (Probably not relevant, but it convinced me not to ask her if I did run into her in the future. :D )

Replies

• SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    I'd dot it. It's just like asking someone where they got the nice dress that they're wearing!
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    I don't think it would be weird - probably quite complimentary! I'm shy, though, so I wouldn't have done it. It's a shame those great legs don't help her to drive well!
  • KMSForLife
    KMSForLife Posts: 577 Member
    I don't think that would be weird. It would be a compliment.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Flattering for sure! Though I'd imagine if a guy asked a girl what he needed to do to get a body like hers, that might be pushing it. ;)
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Not weird at all
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    eey girl sexy legs LOL Jk
    i even asked some guys what they did for a specific part of the body
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,571 Member
    Not weird. I've done it before and it's always been well received.
  • I don't think it would be weird - probably quite complimentary! I'm shy, though, so I wouldn't have done it. It's a shame those great legs don't help her to drive well!
    ......lol thanks so funny.. ::) it makes sense
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Or... you could make sure you show up at the gym at the same time she does, probably follow her home the next time you see her and hide out near her house so you can follow her to the gym next time she goes. Then just follow her around the gym videotaping everything she does.......

Now just asking doesn't sound so weird, does it?
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    don't ask her... it's called RUNNING and BIKING. I don't mean around the block, but 10+ mile daily runs, and/or 25+ bike rides. I look like Hercules from the waist down, I just look like Hercules who is pregnant, hence the reason to lose weight. :)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    No, most people love to help
  • hush7hush
    don't ask her... it's called RUNNING and BIKING. I don't mean around the block, but 10+ mile daily runs, and/or 25+ bike rides. I look like Hercules from the waist down, I just look like Hercules who is pregnant, hence the reason to lose weight. :)

I have a feeling there might be a little more strength training involved in it, since I didn't see her leave the weight section for a second.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Are you kidding me...if someone did that to me I would be so excited!!! I would totally take that as a super compliment and I would be happy to share advice. You should ask her next time you see her. Just don't do it with a creepy look on your face...LOL
  • bestrodeo
    bestrodeo Posts: 139 Member
    I'd ask her.. If nothing else someone asking me how i got my legs/body etc would be a complement.. And make me feel good about my hard work..
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I would be incredibly flattered, as I am when people ask on here what I do for the results I have.

But the answer is always time, patience, hard work and a lucky blend of genetics.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Or... you could make sure you show up at the gym at the same time she does, probably follow her home the next time you see her and hide out near her house so you can follow her to the gym next time she goes. Then just follow her around the gym videotaping everything she does.......

Now just asking doesn't sound so weird, does it?

Thanks for the laugh!!!
  • I wouldn't it think it weird.. that is unless you kind of stared and did that whole 'slow motion tongue licking your lips' thing as you said it. I really couldn't see how someone couldn't be flattered if you told them that you'd found them to have a nice body. A lot of people are insecure about their looks---even fit people at times. This would be a major ego boost. Ask her, I say! Ask her at once!
    It isn't like you're being a creeper and saying, "I've been checking out your legs for some time now..." {X} No go.
  • Just think how flattered you would be if someone asked you. So don't be shy go for it.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member

nice legs and butt are built through things like squats and deadlifts.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    not weird. i ask ppl what kind of exercise they're doing, and what it works out. just don't be the one to make it weird. just say "hey, noticed you working out and was wondering what you did to get your legs so toned."
  • hush7hush
    Thanks so much for the responses. :)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    I would say if you are in the locker room and both half naked, maybe don't ask then. :wink:

but I agree with everyone else, it should come across as flattering, it would to me. (unless in aforementioned situation, then maybe a little creepy):bigsmile:
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Weird: Hey Sexy Lady, how'd you get those steamin' hot legs?

Not Weird: Would you mind sharing what you do to work your legs? I would like mine to look that strong.

Definitely could be a compliment :)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Weird: Hey Sexy Lady, how'd you get those steamin' hot legs?

Not Weird: Would you mind sharing what you do to work your legs? I would like mine to look that strong.

Definitely could be a compliment :)

^^^^ Winner!
This discussion has been closed.