May be being quite radical here but....

Options
May be being quite radical here but I am not having a great time at losing weight atm, started well two months ago and have dropped a stone and now I have stayed the same the past few weeks. I do running, walking long with 30DS and no more trouble zones.

So I was thining to lower my weekly lose to 1lbs for a couple of weeks then dropping back to 2lbs to shock my body back into it?

Will this help or should I just keep plugging away?

Thanks x

Replies

• SPheonix22
    SPheonix22 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Look up plateau in the search.
  • lizzue
    lizzue Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Gotta change the exercise, vary it a little. thanks!
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you have left to lose? If it is less than 40 lbs, you should not have your goal set to lose more than 1 lb per week anyway or it will slow your loss. If it is less than 15-20 lbs you should have it set to 1/2 lb. Trust me, you will lose more this way...
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? and change up your exercise. Your body adjusts to these things very quickly, and you may just need to change it up a bit. Make sure you're eating enough (I can't see your diary) -- but according to MFP, my goal should be 1200 -- I usually aim for 1800 -- due to my activity levels and all, this works better for me, and I've lost over five pounds in the last 10 days! I don't eat back all my exercise calories, though - just some..... Also, weight training is very effective in aiding weight loss. :) Good luck - and stick with it!! We all have plateaus!