UHG the dreadful weigh-in

Today is my/our weigh-in day....I have NOT done it yet....I always hate this day but I NEED to know. I am doin this littel challenge with my sister, who is 1500 miles away from me, and a school friend....so we all compare notes which keeps us honest etc.....well wish me luck.....

:noway:

dd

Replies

• zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Today is my/our weigh-in day....I have NOT done it yet....I always hate this day but I NEED to know. I am doin this littel challenge with my sister, who is 1500 miles away from me, and a school friend....so we all compare notes which keeps us honest etc.....well wish me luck.....

:noway:

dd
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Good luck!!
  • Good luck!! and dont worry....you are peobably better of then you think you are.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Ok. GOOD LUCK! Hope you are pleasantly surprised.......
  • zenmama
    Well sad to say I lost NOTHING....and it is quite sad:sad: . I have been eating well...1200 cal plus my exercise.....Sorry but it sucks to not see the scale go down after hard work. And I know muscle weighs more than fat..so the real test will be when I try to put on my jenas for class tonight...well I wish the rest of you well...
    Peace
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    have you been losing up till now? could you be at the dreaded plateau? I am sure you can find buckets of advice on how to break one. just don't give into anger and over eat.

remember for every moment you give to anger and hurt and frustration, that's a minute of happiness you have given up, and you can never get that back. and nothing is worth giving up even a second of happiness. :heart:

figure out your next move and go for it.

RJ
  • brazeaut
    brazeaut Posts: 31 Member
    Well sad to say I lost NOTHING....and it is quite sad:sad: . I have been eating well...1200 cal plus my exercise.....Sorry but it sucks to not see the scale go down after hard work. And I know muscle weighs more than fat..so the real test will be when I try to put on my jenas for class tonight...well I wish the rest of you well...
    Peace

Did you take any measurements when you first started? Sometimes you get the illusion of a plateau because you are not technically losing "weight" however you can maintain a weight and still be losing inches. If you didn't take measurements at the beginning, you can still do it now...especially when it seems you need some encouragement and the scale is not giving it to you.

I use the following as a gage of how I am doing:

neck, upper arm, chest, waist, hips, and thigh...some measure around their knee too. I use a tape measure from a sewing kit :blushing: but it works.

Good luck and don't lose faith...you are doing great!!!
  • zenmama
    Thanks everyone...In my frustration I went on the treadmill and ran for 45min....and I am about to take my measurements again...this is why this place ROCKS...you guys are great!

FYI- my husband said to me "are you exercising?" He works from home can he not really notice? ARG!!!!!

dd
  • :sad: No being SAD !!!! I hit major breaks in my weight loss...Keep it up. YOUR clothes tell the tale...all the hard work does not go to waste. I know it gets hard...steppin on that scale and not seeing it go down. Happens to me all the time. Chin up.....it's doing something !!!!...HUGS
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    measurements are a great idea. I want to do mine, but can't do it alone.... I don't think and don't want my DH to say it out loud!!:grumble: think he can do it with his eyes closed?
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Oh man. This exact thing happened to me last week and I've yet to see the scale move....:grumble: BUT I did wear an outfit that was a size smaller last weekend and my rings are getting too big, so something is going on. Try to keep your chin up. It is hard. Good for you on the treadmill. Ahhhhhh.:flowerforyou:

How about your sis and friend? Maybe you could be encouraged by their progress?